Disciples III - Gold for NA

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Kalypso sent over this PR yesterday, announcing Disciples III has gone Gold for NA and will be available from July 13:
Disciples III: Renaissance Goes Gold

Ridgewood, NJ, June 29, 2010 - Kalypso Media and Akella are pleased to announce that Disciples III: Renaissance, the turn-based tactical RPG with deep strategic elements, has gone gold today. The game, which features three unique factions squaring off in a quest to capture an artifact of immense power, is set for retail release in North America on July 13, 2010 for Windows PC. For more information about Disciples III: Renaissance, please visit www.disciples3.com.

Disciples III: Renaissance is the next title in the award-winning Disciples series and represents a huge leap forward in the evolution of the turn-based RPG/strategy genre. Building on the successes of the first two games, Disciples III: Renaissance introduces a host of new features as well as the compelling gameplay that made the previous titles so popular.

Disciples III: Renaissance will be available on Windows PC on July 13. For more information on Disciples III: Renaissance, please visit www.disciples3.com.
More information.

FYI: For some reason, my order on Impulse actually has gone through and I was able to d/l and play the game. :)

The game is quite difficult. It still has that dark mood thingy. So far i love it.

So was the early (Russian?) review that tore this up somewhat biased or unfair? Have heard or seen very little else about this. I think metacritic had one other review available from European site that gave it a 70ish score and seemed to consider it competent with the major criticism being the failure to bring much new to the genre. This is very different than the earlier review which suggested and utter and incomplete mess. I have no problem with not being revolutionary as long as the older school gameplay is decently implemented, complete, and at least somewhat balanced.

So was the early (Russian?) review that tore this up somewhat biased or unfair? Have heard or seen very little else about this. I think metacritic had one other review available from European site that gave it a 70ish score and seemed to consider it competent with the major criticism being the failure to bring much new to the genre. This is very different than the earlier review which suggested and utter and incomplete mess. I have no problem with not being revolutionary as long as the older school gameplay is decently implemented, complete, and at least somewhat balanced.

Well played 3 hours so far and i do like the game. Its a bit hard thou.
It got the same mood as D1 en D2 but with more options regarding fighting and looks alot better.

I played the game, it's not that bad. I can't understand why russian reviews were so negative.

Maybe because it scrolls like a snail and I couldn't find a way to change the keybindings ?
Edit : oh, and that's in v1.06...

Back
Top Bottom