The Witcher - Enhanced Edition Trailer

(hopefully new) unfortunately not.

Nice commercial. I like what they're doing but have to wonder if this is really the right time to buy.

It's almost like I'm in a negotiation with these guys. At this point I'd like to accept their offer, but it just keeps getting better and better (so the only smart thing to do is to continue shaking my head "no").

Is there any chance for a Hungarian version of TW-EE?

No, they said English and Polish only at this stage as I recall.

Does it mean that all those who have other, localised version, won't be able to download the extra package, or simply the mods will be in English?

This is from the first announcement on the official site:

First and foremost, the English language version will be, for the most part, completely re-done. The amount of text in that version was reduced compared to other language versions and that was said to cause a significant decrease in immersion and atmosphere. Now the English version will be as polished and atmospheric as the other language versions. Speaking of language versions, most of them will be more or less improved. Significant changes will also be made in the German version, where we are planning to re-record the voices for many of the characters.

I think this looks like they're going to work on more than just the English/Polish language versions, but maybe Tom can confirm or elaborate if he drops by.

You know, that's a lot of work to put into a game that's already been released and has already sold 600,000 copies.

Let's see...
1) People no longer move like Gorrillas when speaking... Check.
2) English speakers are no longer shorted every last possible little nuance... Check.
3) Whoa, was that a loading screen or did I just double blink?... Check.

I'm thrilled they are doing it, but what are all the anti-fanboys going to find to complain about now? ;)

I'm thrilled they are doing it, but what are all the anti-fanboys going to find to complain about now? ;)
"They´re only doing it for teh money!" :p

...Oh yeah, that one. :p

Forgot one more: 4) Less repetitive NPC's... Check.

First of all, I would like to clarify some of understatements here. We have to distinguish different things - D'jinni the adventure editor, which will come along with a new adventure in about a week and the Enhanced Edition, which will be available later on. New adventures - "Price of neutrality" and "Side effects" will be available in Two language versions - Polish and English. D'jinni itself will be in English only.

However, The Witcher Enhanced Edition will be available for everyone, so don't worry :) - each language version will be supported. Some of them will receive new features, such as previously mentioned re-recorded VOs or improved script. It's not only for "teh money" ;) as for each registered player of the game it will be free of charge, we also want to make the game as good as possible.

From magerette's quote it seems obvious that only English and (to the lesser extend) German language versions will be re-done because they were the ones most complained about. So excellent news all round! Kudos Projekt RED!

Jabberwocky - I am sure they will think of something :p

(Edit) Thanks Brysiu. It all clear now and (BTW) Gorath have just been ironic about various "nay-sayers" :)

Last edited:
If they were only doing it for the money then they wouldn't be giving this away for free to the people who already have it. Now what would the nay-sayers have to say? If they said anything it probably would be incorrect and stupid.

People! It was a joke! I know it's sometimes hard to get nuance over the internet, but come on! Jeez.... :rolleyes:

P.S. Thanks for dropping by our little neck of the woods, Brysiu. :)

Thanks for stopping by and setting things straight, Brysiu. I'm greatly looking forward to all of this. :)

Looks pretty cool ... sign me up ;)

This makes me glad that I held off on getting The Witcher. (I actually had it at one point but returned it). I played through the demo and while I thought it was good I wasn't blown away by it like everyone else seemed to be.

Now I'm really glad that I didn't plop down $50 for a game that is already going to be rereleased as a better game. I'll definitely be getting the EE version seeing as how they seem to be working on the horrible dialog, which was my biggest complaint with the original English version.

Back
Top Bottom