Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Preorder Packs Revealed

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Eidos Montreal has reveiled two bonus packs for Deus Ex: Human Revolution that are available to those who preorder. Each of the bonuspacks is shown in a video.

More information.

The game looks nice , but all the pre order packs , bonus codes and DLCs need to stop NOW!!!

Agreed. A sniper rifle is a bonus??? (Besides: Calling it "long range" but demonstrating it for shooting just across the room seems a little bit strange) A shotgun is a bonus? Does this mean there will be no C4 in the game without having it as a bonus? No grenade launcher? Sounds stupid.

This is getting ridiculous. Just let me buy the damn game without having to think about when and/or where I order it.

Perfect for the stealthy nonviolent player!

so... like a good gamer you go out and buy the game, but you dont pre order it . You say to yourself some where out there is the full game and i dont have it because i didnt buy it from a certain store!!! You know what F U !!! seriously ... What do they think your gonna buy two copies of the game to experience the full package the way its ment to??? Im 30 years old and have played and supported games for 22 years and i have never seen a market treat customers so childish or underhanded and double crossed like the gaming markret . Im so sick of it ... This makes me want to pirate the game and its 3 extra weapons and 1 friggin mission . I sware its so petty they dont even understand there Own market .

Oh, boo-hoo. Stores wanted a reason for you to buy there rather than next door, that must mean publishers are evil! I don't agree with the Explosives pack including a mission, but the rest? So what? It's a couple of weapons which you'll likely replace shortly or not have any use for, so it must mean the world is ending!

Mass Effect 2 is no less of a game if you don't have the Inferno and Terminus armours (And the Blackstorm rifle that goes with Terminus), and I see little reason why Deus Ex would be any less of a game without these packs. It's possible that the first one (with the mission) will see a post-release form either via DLC or some other method. It's happened before with some games, and I've little doubt it'll happen again.

If you don't care about pre-order packs then don't pre-order or just go where's cheapest.
If you care, then go to the place that has the "better" pack.
It's not rocket science, guys, and they've been around long enough for all of us to know how the system works. If it makes you feel better, think of it as getting a little extra for paying full price for the game.

This is getting ridiculous. Just let me buy the damn game without having to think about when and/or where I order it.

Why ? Dragon Age showed what can actually be done with bonus stuff - and ME2, too.

Uh, you could START Deus-Ex with a sniper rifle.

How is any of this crap a big deal?

Calm the hell down.

Im done crying about Dues Ex 3 pre order crap. Dwagginz your right it is simple i wont buy the game Me Hardy. Its all pop corn bullcrap just tired of them trying to sell me the world in a game. Tired of the scams !!!

It's not a scam.

Jeez, it's a bit of marketing that the stores want to do in order to get you to buy from THEM. It's no different to them offering t-shirts, books, DVDs or anything else when you pre-order.

The bonus stuff you got in Dragons Age was so powerfull. All other drops to the end of the game were useless

they certainly arent doing out of the kindness of there hearts. Dwagginz , my point is just make one game for all to enjoy with the same friggin guns this just pissis alot of people off. Trust me i will get over it , if you want to put in extras like cloth map maybe the original Dues Ex remastered . For people that want the game with extra stuff it just gets people to pirate the game . Its certainly a marketing ploy I GET IT. but i dont have to like it .

You had me at "Black & Golden Theme" what better colors to create the mood of Desperation and Loss of Humanity!

they certainly arent doing out of the kindness of there hearts. Dwagginz , my point is just make one game for all to enjoy with the same friggin guns this just pissis alot of people off.
They have made "just one game". The pre-order bonus is extra, it's an addition. And, above all, it's non-essential. As I said, I don't agree with the mission being included in one of the packs, but I doubt it'll make much of a difference. I didn't ever imply they're doing it "for the fans" - They're doing it for the stores who want to offer pre-order bonuses in order to secure profitable sales (Because launch prices are usually the most expensive). Gamestop tend to have their own bonus, and the other stores either have the same one as everyone else or they offer ones from a slightly less attractive range.

if you want to put in extras like cloth map maybe the original Dues Ex remastered .
Feelies aren't generally pre-order bonuses, but if they are then they don't affect gameplay to any degree. Some games include them, some don't. Some use them in certain editions (Such as Witcher 2 and Dragon Age 2) and some give them away with all editions.

For people that want the game with extra stuff it just gets people to pirate the game.
It's not an excuse to pirate the game. Dragon Age: Origins was pretty "cool" in that most of the bonuses didn't need to be authenticated, but if you're pirating a game over a weapon then you need to get a grip. It's an item in a game that you probably won't be playing in 5-10 years time, and at which point you'll be all "Oh, what was the point anyway?"

Its certainly a marketing ploy I GET IT. but i dont have to like it .
Exactly. You don't have to like it, but they've been around long enough for people to really need to get used to it and stop kicking up a fuss like a bunch of children.

At the end of the day, it's a couple of weapons in a game. That's it. We're not talking anything of any importance to anyone. Maybe if they start taking features out of the game the outrage would be justifiable, but really, all this "OMG THIS SUCKS HOW DARE THEY GIVE ME AN EXTRA FEW WEAPONS FOR PRE-ORDERING THE GAME" attitude is childish, passé and it's not going to get anyone anywhere. They've not made all sniper rifles bonuses, they've not made all shotguns bonuses. They've made a handful of weapons (Not weapon TYPES) bonuses, and I would happily wager that they'll be forgettable items that you'll happily replace during gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom