Good Old Games - 60% Off 1C Titles

Huraah!
They dropped the price on King's Bounty… The very month I've just finished both of it's installations.
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

I am not finding it that good compared to space rangers, maybe just because I played first space rangers then star wolves, or maybe because space rangers got text quests wich bring more depth to atmosphere of the game. Also I for sure will try and buy Dungeon Cleaners 1-2 if they will put for sale, I know is not much of rpg but I like humour that is added in to the games.

The only game that seems to be worth it is Space Rangers 2. I gather that SR1 is good but that SR2 is strictly better. Fantasy Wars got terrible reviews all around.. and a lot of those reviews were from sites I trust. Starwolves looks mediocre, and I gather that the UFO games aren't very good either.

King Bounty gets a lot of respect, but I didn't like it personally. It just felt.. badly designed. Like there is a good game here, but they didn't put a lot of thought into pacing and challenge. Of course, I'm in the minority on King's Bounty, so take that with a pinch of salt.

Any differing opinions on Fantasy Wars? Starwolves? The UFO Games? SR1?

I really enjoyed all the UFO games. Each one they change around the mechanics and even art style so it's a bit strange when played in sequence. For the price point, I'd recommend them to anyone who likes that style of game.

Space Rangers 2 again. I keep saying no because I bought the game when it came out but never installed it due to the very bad copy protection. Well, at 3.99, I just have to get it. The only thing is after I post this I'm going back to Skyrim till I drop. Hope I dont forget about it tomorrow, :)

Space Rangers 2 is a heck of a lot of fun. It's a great deal for 3.99. I've spent many many many hours in that game.

SR2 is a fantastic game that everyone should own. Period. Never really got around to playing SR1 since I gather it's mostly the same but not quite as good?

Kings Bounty's a great time killer, any fan of turn based combat should appreciate this one.

The UFO's get more of a mixed opinion from me. I bought and played through all of them at release, and I really like them. They all tend to get a bit repetitive after a while though. But hey, even the original X-com gamed did that, and they're on my all time greatest list.

I've only played Star Wolves 3:civil war. That was a decent game though.

This is the Space Rangers 2 without the DRM right? No Starforce?

As far as I know GoG has never and will never sell any game with DRM. They would not even put it on CDP's game Witcher 2.

So, yes there is no DRM on any game from GoG. God I love them for that :)

Yep. GOG + Starforce = syntax error.

I love them for that as well. Somebody above had mentioned caring more about price and less about DRM but I have to say I'm the complete opposite. Do I love the great, cheap, deals on GOG? Yes. Would I gladly pay a little more for a game that isn't infested with some scum DRM? Absolutely.

Fantasy Wars got terrible reviews all around.. and a lot of those reviews were from sites I trust.

Average 70% on Gamerankings is terrible? Average 73% on Critify is terrible? 67% on Metacritic is terrible? Not to speak of the 8.8 User rating...

FW was a fine Fantasy General clone with WoW style graphics. If this is your cup of tea then buy it.

Fantasy Wars was a fine Fantasy General clone

I second that. Real nice turn based strategy, with an army you keep from mission to mission and that you can evolve into a powerful force which fits your play style.

Back
Top Bottom