South Park - Why isn't Cartman funny?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Almost 8 minutes just to find out that basically he didn't like too much of farting and profanity. Meh.

Next preview please!

Not really interested in this game so screw you I'm going home.:)

welp, humor isn't exactly Obsidian's forte.

And it doesn't get funnier just by slapping the South Park monicker on it

Obsidian is doing the writing and not the creators of the show?

I can't say I'm interested in this game (I'm indifferent), but this guy is reviewing it, not previewing it. Seems unfair for an unreleased game.

Well, I think Obsidian does humor just fine. Old World Blues, Veronica, Rose, etc. in New Vegas, many scenes and characters in Alpha Protocol…

but, beyond that, Trey and Matt ARE writing for the game. They are actively involved.

EDIT - Also, review claims Jade Empire was from Obsidian. blech

WTF is this, SPOLERs !!
plus SP had unfunny episodes before. It would be a pain to have this entire game as one of the exception unfunny ones

Looks dreadful. Just don't see that South Park is any kind of fit for an "RPG", if that's what they are calling it, where is the gameplay? RPGs are about the player developing their characters, not sitting through a progression of semi-interactive sketches about body functions.

WTF is this, SPOLERs !!

Ouch… that's an understatement. I stopped watching about 2/3 though, but I wish I hadn't watched it at all.

That particular event he mentions taking place after a boss fight does sound kind of neat. I wish I didn't know about it beforehand.

Last edited:
Well, I think Obsidian does humor just fine. Old World Blues, Veronica, Rose, etc. in New Vegas, many scenes and characters in Alpha Protocol…

I just do not see that they have an advantage over any other game developer.

I am dreadfully reminded of NWN2 dialogue/ party banter. As for New Vegas, I found FO3 nailed dry humor very well with its bleakness contrasted with 50s silliness. New Vegas was more in the harmless over-the-top original Fallout territory IMO.

I'm definitely in the Obsidian is overrated camp - and South Park is the least interesting game they've been involved with, yet.

I'm definitely in the Obsidian is overrated camp - and South Park is the least interesting game they've been involved with, yet.
I have another newsbit I'll post later you will love then. ;) The story is called,"South Park's creators explain how The Stick of Truth got too big for its own good."

I think many of us want Obsidian to be 'Troika 2', but while the games are flawed, the diamonds don't shine as brightly.

On the upside, THEY weren't the ones responsible for the Sonic: Dark Brotherhood Nintendo DS game ... ;)

I think many of us want Obsidian to be 'Troika 2', but while the games are flawed, the diamonds don't shine as brightly.

On the upside, THEY weren't the ones responsible for the Sonic: Dark Brotherhood Nintendo DS game … ;)

Seems to me that many of you guys around here consider them to be "Troika 2" - or close to it.

I certainly don't agree.

Troika was truly special.

That said, I concede that the writing was/is strong on both teams.

I wouldn't call Troika truly special. They made some fantastic games, but the production values were lacking in a significant way. If they could have released the games they did without the amount of bugs they had, then yeah.

The special part of Troika wasn't polish or production values.

I'd argue they were better artists than Obsidian, but then again - who isn't.

But their game designs and vision went beyond anything Obsidian ever did.

Well, in my opinion, obviously.

I can agree with that, but I was never a huge fan of Obsidian anyways.

To be fair, I still haven't played Mask of the Betrayer, and many fans seem to think that's their Magnum opus.

I can agree with that, but I was never a huge fan of Obsidian.

To be fair, I still haven't played Mask of the Betrayer, and many fans seem to think that's their Magnum opus.

I should be fair and note that I haven't played MotB much either.

I DESPISED the soul eater mechanic.

The writing was interesting, even if I didn't particularly care for the level design.

Back
Top Bottom