Separate forum for Spiderweb

I actually doubt that. I haven't played one of their games in years and am not about to. With all the modern releases and updated remakes of classics in the works, Most people here will be far to busy to play those dated games. Just my opinion of course!! :)

I believe a section that'd be RPGmaker products would produce more buzz than "seen one saw them all" Spiderweb.
I mean what's there to discuss if not cloning till doomsday.

"seen one saw them all" Spiderweb. I mean what's there to discuss if not cloning till doomsday.

Discuss? Hmmm. Er… How about:

You are the embodiment of this famous quote:

If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself

Would you like to discuss this?

Surely there must be some Spiderweb fans on this web site. It is, after all, RPGwatch. I surely did not expect the vitriol towards Mr Vogel's games in the previous posts.

I am a Spiderweb fan. I played all of his games and enjoyed most of them.

But we don't need an extra forum for these games.

… yet you have a forum for Deep Shadows Games ? … ???

Yeah - and this forum is a good example for a rarely used subforum.

Opening a new thread for a new game in the General RPG forum is in most cases the best way to talk about current topics.

Last edited:
The Deep Shadows forum is different. It is run by different people from the RPGWatch team. They lost their original space a few years ago and asked if they could be hosted here, which is what we did.

I'm a huge fan of all things Spiderweb, but I don't think a forum dedicated to their products would see much traction here. Usually any thread addressing a particular game of theirs gets a few responses, so since that works, I'd say just go with that.

I enjoyed the Geneforge games, but sadly, they are all very similar!!

Ah right, my least favourite series of games by him, completely different to his other stuff.

Why is it sadly that the same series of games are all similar? As in direct sequels of a specific title. I'm curious to know what series of games that are direct sequels are not all very similar but also didn't collapse into farce well before their fifth iteration? Isn't the whole point of sequels that people are buying more of the very similar?

It's not and it means only one thing - lack of ideas. Unless you're saying it's cowardice (to try new things)?

Imagine if all Kurosawa movies were clones. What'd be the point of it?

Kurosawa? A movie director? Oooo, you can't actually think of any gaming examples, riiiiight.

I took what I believe is the best example related to your recent posts.
Gaming? If you were writing about Arkane Studios in past few weeks, I'd put that instead. For example.

No. A studio daring to risk and experiment (Prey was a fail, but they still tried to do something different) owned by otherwise bug-o-rama publisher.

I see no point of continuing this and I'm not dart to reach a point of exhaustion with mundanity just for sakes of breaking boredom.
Spiderweb does not want to move away from the comfort zone just as modern hollywood is rehashing everything due to phobia from originality the old hollywood had. And Spiderweb is not aaa to be forced into playing safe due to whatever shareholders. As such I see no logic of giving those games a separate forum. T-shirts in my wardrobe are not all red (or any one color) with just a different irrelevant logo on them. You may have a different opinion and that's fine with me.

Yes, I can imagine you're desperate to quickly shut down the conversation you yourself started as soon as the conversation starts to actually go anywhere.

Arkane made Prey did they? A brave failure?

Oh really, well Spiderweb made Nethergate, a brave failure.

Wow, such difficulty in challenging your nonsense ;)

Back
Top Bottom