Dungeons of Dredmor - Expansion Revealed

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Well, we knew it was happening but Gaslamp has officially owned up to an (as yet unnammed) expansion for Dredmor, which they plan to release before the end of the year:
As you may have heard, the cat is officially out of the bag: we are going to be offering a paid expansion for Dredmor. While rumors about the possible inclusion of eyebrow-wigs are totally unfounded, evidently… um, this is something people are interested in! We’ll do some testing involving cubes with eyebrows in physics puzzles and see what happens. The Expansion is planned to be released before the end of the year.
As far as actual content, there will definitely be:

• more skills
  • more monsters
  • more levels
  • more items (crafting skills, weapon types)
  • more recipes
  • and a few other *things* which we’re still keeping under wraps
One of the exciting things that is coming out of the expansion is that we are finally implementing our mod system in all its splendour and using it to implement the expansion, which means that all of the things mentioned in the above list you will be able to tinker with to your heart’s content. We are really looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with in this regard, and hope you’ll share your creations with us! The mod patch, which will also include our fantastic red haired heroine, should be ready for your perusal sometime next month.
More information.

Good for them. I hope there will be a non-steam option, as I am never using them again.

There already is in the form of Desura recently, I'd suspect more to come as well being fair odds.

I'm willing to bet that Gamersgate is up next, but hell for their price they might want to think about contacting GoG. It's about the same price as most of the games there. I'd get another copy from gog in a heartbeat.

Be interesting to see how the expansion goes. Dredmor has a ton of potential, but right now it's still a bit shallow and repetetive compared to other roguelikes. But there is the framework for something great in there.

As for the Steam hatred: You can still buy it from the Steam, download it and _never_ run the client again: the game works stand-alone.

Back
Top Bottom