Eschalon: Book II - Mac, Linux, v1.03 Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Basilisk Games has released the Mac and Linux versions of Eschalon: Book 2. In addition, v1.03 is available for Windows to match the version of the new releases. Here's the PR:
Basilisk Games Announces the Availability of Eschalon: Book II for Macintosh and Linux

Indianapolis, IN - May 26, 2010 - Basilisk Games, Inc. today announced that Eschalon: Book II for Macintosh and Linux based computers is now available.

"Macintosh and Linux users can finally return to the land of Eschalon once again" said Thomas Riegsecker, Lead Developer of the Eschalon series. "We are very pleased to be able to offer Book II on multiple platforms. Players only need one Registration Code to have access to all three versions. Once you purchase a Registration Code, the game is yours to play on any computer you own."

Eschalon: Book II is available now for Windows, Macintosh and Linux based computers. A Registration Code capible of unlocking all three versions is available directly from the Basilisk Games website. Most major digital distribution services will be offering Eschalon: Book II in the next two weeks.

About Eschalon: Book II

Eschalon: Book II is the sequel to 2007's hit independent role-playing game, Eschalon: Book I. Continue your journey across massive outdoor environments and deep into twisted dungeons as you seek to uncover the mystery of your past and who is behind the menace that threatens all of Eschalon. No experience with the first game is needed to enjoy this second chapter in the Eschalon trilogy. More information on the game and links to the demo and video trailer can be found online at: http://basiliskgames.com/eschalon_book_ii
More information.

It's awesome, buy it.

Agree this game is awesome if you like Exploratory atmospheric RPG's based on stats and skills.

If you like these kind of old school games and want more of them made please support this developer by buying his game. He does wonderful work I think.

Agree this game is awesome if you like Exploratory atmospheric RPG's based on stats and skills.

If you like these kind of old school games and want more of them made please support this developer by buying his game. He does wonderful work I think.

Plus I have my name in the credits;) And it is awesome.:)

If you enjoyed Book 1, you most certainly enjoy Book 2 !
Its in my opinion shorter but more balanced and fine tuned.

If you enjoyed Book 1, you most certainly enjoy Book 2 !
Its in my opinion shorter but more balanced and fine tuned.

It is actually longer then book 1, if you do all the optional quests etc.

I was disappointed by the length of the main quest and the number of settlements. Sure, there's more loot, some cool rules that add to the gameplay and graphics are shinier but I was really expecting a more buzzing world. Hell, the first Eschalon game had more settlements than the sequel (I think). The Norland area in the game is a joke. One settlement and a mine and the rest is just a big wasteland.

Also, the damn walking speed. A stroll through a dense forrest area is a class A torture.

I was disappointed by the length of the main quest and the number of settlements. Sure, there's more loot, some cool rules that add to the gameplay and graphics are shinier but I was really expecting a more buzzing world. Hell, the first Eschalon game had more settlements than the sequel (I think). The Norland area in the game is a joke. One settlement and a mine and the rest is just a big wasteland.

Also, the damn walking speed. A stroll through a dense forrest area is a class A torture.

I think you may have misseda few things in your play through. There are more settlements in book 2 then book 1. I would have liked to see more in the norland area, but there are a few more things then a mine and a settlement.

I have to agree with the walking speed. Is there some reason our characters are almost lame? I downloaded the demo last night and I was looking for the run key immediately. I've wandered around a few minutes and I'm having a hard time telling any differences from the first game so far. Are chests and store inventories still random? I used to always save before opening anything and reload if I got crap.

I have to agree with the walking speed. Is there some reason our characters are almost lame? I downloaded the demo last night and I was looking for the run key immediately. I've wandered around a few minutes and I'm having a hard time telling any differences from the first game so far. Are chests and store inventories still random? I used to always save before opening anything and reload if I got crap.

You mean you didn't notice the resolution difference or weather?;) The walking speed is alot faster then the first one. This is definately not a fly through action rpg though.

The chests ares till random, but done a bit differently AFIK.

Are chests and store inventories still random? I used to always save before opening anything and reload if I got crap.
Regarding chests, that's an option you set after creating your character. The contents of all chests may be generated from a single seed and no reloading will help. If you turn this option on, you have a bonus to your final score / item quality / xp (depending on other options - all three boni if you go all "hardcore").

Yeah, this is a very deep RPG. :roll:

What's with the stupid comment? It is not an action fly through rpg, does that make it easier for you to understand?

What's with the stupid comment? It is not an action fly through rpg, does that make it easier for you to understand?

You justified the agonizingly slow walking speed by claiming that the game is not an "fly through action RPG". I figured you meant that the game is "one of those RPG's with depth". Whether I missunderstood that part or not your justification is still silly.

That's your comment about walking speed which is silly, you quote Book 2 has a slower walk speed than Book 1 when it's the reverse. :rolleyes: Did you really played Book 1?

Frankly, the character is only a bit faster... all the walking gets pretty boring sometimes.

But I'm still in the demo areas. Hope the plot'll pick up.

There's definitely a plot. Also while the walking speed is faster, there is a valid reason for it not being too fast; it's called TURNS!! :)

Back
Top Bottom