Sui Generis - Kickstarter Update #13, Blood, Fire and Shields

Right now they need to average 781 pounds per hour for the next 26 hours to make it. Keep dividing the amount still needed by the number of hours remaining — if it's getting bigger that's a bad sign, if it's getting smaller that's a good sign. I've found this a useful tool for getting a sense of how a close Kickstarter is going to turn out. (It correctly predicted the success of Hero-U, for example.)

It is getting bigger. Nearly stalling over the last few hours.

They are out to miss the mark for £10k.

I wish some of the things said in this interview had been made clear from the start, as I think it could really have helped the campaign. I have supported them from the beginning, as I though their approach seemed interesting. Now I am completely sure it is. Some of my favorite parts from the interview:

Basically what we’d do is take any “quest” or story element and break it down into its components, each component then has activating conditions that are as dynamic as possible. An NPC decision that is specific to a situation would still be subject to various weighted factors that support that decision, it would have to contend with other decisions, including general ones not specific to the situation, for priority. Each decision has associated risks and rewards that vary in dregrees and the NPC’s personal characteristics or mood also weigh in.

I really like this because it opens the game up for alternative approaches to problems, as well as for real consequences. Something which I find lacking in certain other open world games.

It’s a world first design, the player is a pesky intruder who better watch their step! Things aren’t there to help the player or get killed by them, they’re there to protect their own interests.

And this I like even better. This is how I get immersed in a game world. The Gothic games have been quite good at this, at letting you explore worlds which feel alive and consistent and more than just a backdrop for the player, complete with NPCs having their own agendas. It really sounds like Bare Mettle have the right ideas about how to design an open world game.

Kay

It is getting bigger. Nearly stalling over the last few hours.

They are out to miss the mark for £10k.

It's normal, america's sleeping. They topped $15k over the last two days, shouldn't be an issue to make the goal today. The interview should help a bit too.
minus $15k with 17 hours to go.

Well, I don't have much faith in this project - but given they're so close, I'm hoping they succeed. If they can deliver something even in the vicinity of what they're promising, it's definitely worth it.

Also, poor GBG would be heartbroken - so there's that :)

Since when do you care about my heart, dear D'Art? ;)

Nah, actually I at least half agree with what others have said, maybe a better organized restart after another 6 months of working on the game and its presentation would be the better option. But still, now that it's so close I also hope they make it.

Since when do you care about my heart, dear D'Art? ;)

I care about all hearts to some degree :)

But I generally don't care about people knowing that I care.

Nah, actually I at least half agree with what others have said, maybe a better organized restart after another 6 months of working on the game and its presentation would be the better option. But still, now that it's so close I also hope they make it.

Seems they will.

They are still at 1k/hour to reach their goal.

I'm not looking at the ending, it's going to be so close that I might get piss off with the end result...

I hope someone with a lot of cash is just sitting there, waiting to make his donation in the last minute :p

I wonder how much money they have from PP donations.. some dev should take it and pledge with that money ;)

Looks like the last day is spiking... currently needs 2145 pounds with 7 hours to go. That's just over 300 per hour, so they've made up a lot of ground. This is going to be another nailbiter.

nice and not too soon! :D

Back
Top Bottom