The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

You missed the first one we ran (chronoscope). There's a good chance we'll run Tempest Spine (we'll bring some Bigby's Hands) and we just might get frisky and try the Restless Isles raids (which will be the first time for most of us since nobody ever runs that pack and even less than nobody does the raids). I didn't plan on us running VON this life, but that's a possibility if the group so desires.

Alrik you can buy one month at a time. Click the subscription button in the ddo store. Or might be the my account button.

Thank you.

Isn't the main reason for VON the House K favour? We all need that, so is there enough without VON?

I asked that myself as well.

I want to apologize for crashing your Blood Tide run last night … I realized all too late that I did several BIG mistakes, the first one probably being not having voice chat turned on.
I did wonder, however, "won't there be dungeon alert RED at one point ?"
I did the quest only twice in my whole life, so I was still a bit confused.
On the positive side I learned that Aasimar's "Healing Hands" can be used on others as well. ;)

Isn't the main reason for VON the House K favour? We all need that, so is there enough without VON?

Here are several ways to get to 150 house K favor.
We will probably always do haverdasher and the level 5-6 house K bar quests.

Favor:
Haverdasher: 6
The Lair of Summoning: 9
The Chamber of insanity: 9
Ruined Halls: 12
The Forgotten Caverns: 12
Total: 48

We probably always do Tear of Dhakaan for the xp: That is 21 more favor.
So we're up to 69 favor after having done level 7 or below house K quests.

There is an option for the level 7 Taming The Flames for 21 more favor, but I'm sure Corwin would be reluctant to that quest.

At level 8 we can do:
Stromvauld's Mine: 15
Caverns of Carromar: 15

That means we are up to 99 favor after finishing the level 8's.

At level 9 we could do the Red Fens quests:
The Last Stand: 12
Fathoms of the Depths: 15
The Claw of Vulkoor: 12
Into the Deep: 15
That is 54 more favor getting us to 150.

If we skip Red Fens we can do these instead.
Ataraxia at level 10:
Sykros' Jewel: 15
Reclamation: 15

At level 11:
Made to Order: 18

That is 48 + 99 = 147. 3 favor short. So it means running Taming the Flames or the super fast VON 3 pre quest for 9 favor. Or we can do the Last Stand in the Red Fens. Easy access and quite fast.

So we definitely have options getting our 150 house K favor without touching the VON's.

One reason for doing the VON's would be to introduce Alrik to the Vault of Night. Maybe he will get a Sword of Shadows. However, we could run these on epics instead since they are great xp, gives tokens and not too difficult on epic elite.

Personally I would prefer Ataraxia + Made to Order over Red Fens. I can't remember the last time we did Made to Order. There are also quite a few House Jorasco quests we rarely run like The Enemy Within, Dreams of Insanity, From Beyond the Grave, And The Dead Shall Rise. There are probably reasons for not running these, but I can't remember.

I asked that myself as well.

I want to apologize for crashing your Blood Tide run last night … I realized all too late that I did several BIG mistakes, the first one probably being not having voice chat turned on.
I did wonder, however, "won't there be dungeon alert RED at one point ?"
I did the quest only twice in my whole life, so I was still a bit confused.
On the positive side I learned that Aasimar's "Healing Hands" can be used on others as well. ;)

That is not a problem at all. We were supposed to run on the mains where you had a toon. For a reason we had to run alts and level 1-2 toons are not easy to come by. We all got level 3 doing slayers and explorers in the Borderlands. The others ran the Borderlands quests after I bailed out so I guess we might be knocking on level 4 now. Next plan on the alts will be the level 2 harbor quests. So your level 4 would be ok for that. You should therefore we fine for next week if we have to run alts then.

Okay … Do you need a certain class for level 4 ? I have a few at hand, although most of them are again more or less exterimental quarterstaff types … :D Look into my list to see what I have available.

I did do VON with you long, long, long ago. Must have been 2013 or so.
I vaguely remember heavy jumping, climbing, mazes and a Beholder.
And a Dragon at the end of everything, of course.

Taming The Flames is one of the quests I actually like more, if it weren't so tedious slaying all of these elementals … It's a great quest for getting Risia Ice Coins during that Risia Winter Event.

I might collect ice guard and ice damage items for that, so I can do a maximum of damage … plus ice spells. That makes it so much easier, plus fire protection. There's that level 16 ? "Flame Ward" club from the Spinner Prison Web series, too …
Ice guard can be on several items, so I might try getting a full set of that … maybe even through crafting.

We can work VON into the mix if that's what folks want, particularly if we punt on Slavers. Peter's layout for what we can do is excellent as well. Don't make no nevermind to me.

As for the alt group, if you've got lvl4, you can take it. We'll be on lvl2 content with those toons. If you don't have 4 yet, no worries, it's not like anyone's going to die in Haverdasher for being a level under.

Alrik, we have the roles covered so you can bring whatever toon you like. Most of the group is running ranged toons (casters or xbows) so you might find melee either a little easy or a little boring- everything's dead before you get there (I'm running a monk and I probably got 3 kills all night :) ). Just keep in mind that, as a first lifer, you won't really be able to run that alt toon outside of the group at all. So bring whatever you want to play but probably not a toon that you'd want to solo with.

Personally I would prefer Ataraxia + Made to Order over Red Fens. I can't remember the last time we did Made to Order. There are also quite a few House Jorasco quests we rarely run like The Enemy Within, Dreams of Insanity, From Beyond the Grave, And The Dead Shall Rise. There are probably reasons for not running these, but I can't remember.
I've only planned as far as lvl8 content so far. I generally plan in 3-4 level "chunks" and we've already knocked out the 5's and 6's of the current chunk. Since I didn't have VON included in the 8's, I would have included Red Fens in the 9's to get that K favor you mapped out and get Alrik a bunch of that gear- when it got the upgrade pass, it became pretty solid stuff for lvl7. If we run VON, I'll probably drop Red Fens.

As for the House J stuff, the J favor you get is only mildly appealing, it has no good gear to speak of, gives moderate to bad XP for the time required, and there's just so much content in the 7-10 range that we don't generally need to fill in that range with bar quests. That said, you're right that we haven't run that stuff in half of forever so if the group wants to add some variety to the mix, I can easily accommodate. I generally like running "anti-daily's" and "anti-XP trains" so folks just need to place their vote.

I find Red Fens tedious compared to VoN which is more fun, but I don't hate it. We haven't done Carnivale in forever and while much is a pain, every once in a long while it can be fun. I don't care much for slavers and would be happy to skip it. I think we did Sorrowdusk last time so maybe a miss with this group and the same for tangles. That's my 3 cents worth!! (inflation has caught up, so 2 cents is no longer viable) :)

but probably not a toon that you'd want to solo with.

Very important point, thank you.

Maybe I'll take my newish warforged wizard/arti , then, because that's the currently least liked character by me (I was soooo much disappointed when I saw that Warforged Ones have nothing but that HUGE, bulky body frame !)

I had bought Warforged in the summer sale last summer.

I'll always pass on Tangleroot; it's not a bad design, until you repeat it fifty times in one sitting. Once every few lives is enough.

I think we've actually skipped VON the last few lives actually. I know neither Mureall's Cleric life nor Aerie's Wizard life did it, and I'm 99% sure that Fireflash also missed it except for an EVoN3.

I already posted into the "Suggestuions" sub-forum that I'd like to have more variety in Kundarak quests for favour.

Regarding Tangleroot : Yes, it's exactly like you've described it, Az.
Not bad in design per se, but repetitive.

I often call it "the shopping tour" because of the many chests it has.

Its biggest plus, imho, are the Visor Of The Flesh Render Guards, and that quarterstaff which has "summon monster" in it - for early toons it often saved my toon's life to have a distraction in form of a summoned monster which was rather attacked than the toon.

I'll always pass on Tangleroot; it's not a bad design, until you repeat it fifty times in one sitting. Once every few lives is enough.

I think we've actually skipped VON the last few lives actually. I know neither Mureall's Cleric life nor Aerie's Wizard life did it, and I'm 99% sure that Fireflash also missed it except for an EVoN3.
Like I mentioned, I've made an effort to avoid the dailys. The group won't run Spies, VON3, Grim and Barrett, Wiz King, and the like very often if I can plan around it because I figure the players that do dailys have run the very soul out of those quests and wouldn't particularly enjoy doing them yet again on Fridays.

Back
Top Bottom