Grimoire - Interview @ RPGCodex

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Cleve got annoyed enough at our forums to never visit us again (so he says), but the folks at RPGCodex are much nicer so they got him to talk and share some screenies of Grimoire.
In your Indiegogo pitch, you speak of your perfectionist trait that you ascribe to your "Neanderthal genes". Do you see this kind of perfectionism as a threat to the target release date of May 2013? How do you make sure the game does not end up being delayed again? And most importantly, how would you convince people that it is for real this time?

If you get a chance, ask your scienmagists about the lovingly drawn ‘thal cave paintings of the spotted horses. Ask them how wild horses could have those spots when that is a recessive trait specifically associated with domestication. Horses with spots are night blind which is a great trait if you are in a stable after sundown. Ask your scienmagists, tell them your crazy Neanderthal buddy is an inquiring mind and the rodeo clown wants to know. I reckon the spotted horse alone blows apart 400 years of Sapiens scienmajistics in five seconds. Stupid Enkidu, always peeing in the scienmajistic punch bowl.

No new features. No improvisational ideas. No added work. In several places, I have cut the Gordian Knot and just made it work. The miniquests had been this nightmarish complexity for a while with three game editors involved. I slashed all that a couple weeks ago and had miniquests working in ten minutes in a far more simplified form.

I think most reasonable people would realize that after a long acquiescence the game has entered a phase now where the target has become clarified and bounded by a deadline to simply complete it and ship it. I am certain the people pledging have realized this may be a long bet with a pretty big payoff if they end up with exclusive copies of physical media for one of the biggest vaporware RPGs in human history that we know of at this time.

Do you have any plans to release a trial or demo version of the game? If you do, then at what point?

I will be releasing a demo of the basic starter region with four maps before end of December, possibly at the end of November. Right now the biggest hurdle has been adapting to the new resolution of 1024x768, our first goal on IndieGoGo which we achieved. This demo will be public and should end anyone’s doubts the game exists for good.
More information.

Cleve got annoyed enough at our forums to never visit us again again (so he says), but the folks at RPGCodex are much nicer so they got him to talk and share some screenies of Grimoire.
More information.

fixed

--

Someone should compile the comments he made on the Shaker Kickstart. Does no one have mod privilege on those things?

The more this guy talks, the more I become absolutely astounded at how he received $5k in pledges.

And I don't think he knows what acquiescence means...

The more this guy talks, the more I become absolutely astounded at how he received $5k in pledges.

And I don't think he knows what acquiescence means…

I'm not even sure what that means.

Giving in, LD. Drithius, I hope you're safe from Sandy.

I wonder why anyone would have a problem visiting this site sometimes.

Good informative interview - I'm looking forward to play the new beta version at the end of this year.

And I don't think he knows what acquiescence means…

1.5% of the 5000 are from me - so call me guilty as charged :)

PS: acquiescence is not in my dictionary ...

"Like many grimdark superheroes I expect the people I save to turn on me and curse me. I am interested in justice, not ticker tape parades. I just saved a couple thousand people from possibly one of the biggest Kickstarter scams ever attempted. Now blink as I flash my cape and disappear into the darkness. You can thank god Cleve is out there somewhere watching over you."

Oh my God this guy is priceless =D

"Like many grimdark superheroes I expect the people I save to turn on me and curse me. I am interested in justice, not ticker tape parades. I just saved a couple thousand people from possibly one of the biggest Kickstarter scams ever attempted. Now blink as I flash my cape and disappear into the darkness. You can thank god Cleve is out there somewhere watching over you."

Oh my God this guy is priceless =D

Yeah, till he breaks into his theory about roving bands of "negroids" intent on anally raping any and all that stand in their way. Seriously, how is anyone not completely revulsed by this guy?

That's certainly what Neanderthals are known for, perfectionism. And missed deadlines.

Yeah, till he breaks into his theory about roving bands of "negroids" intent on anally raping any and all that stand in their way. Seriously, how is anyone not completely revulsed by this guy?

Would you provide me with a source where I could read this?
I did not know about Cleve since the whole Shaker situation so mostly what I see about him is these new declarations.
But I'm sure if any of this is true, his antics would certainly not count with my acquiescence.

"If only somebody could record these brilliant Kwanstainian observations for posterity. Alas, they are bound to vanish amidst the thronging sea of limbs that is the Congoid buttsex apocalypse soon to overtake your once-great land. If only we could locate a brutha that wishes to act as stenographer at the head of the train you will be pulling. 'Last words, cracker? They're greasing up.' 'I would like to say for the record that Von Braun compromised himself with his work on the V-2 program.' 'Got it, beeyotch. Will go into your personal record. Okay, drop your pants, got a homey on deck.' " - Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Just google his name or his more common handle "texasarcane" in the survivalist world. You'll not lack for trash to read for a fortnight.

Wow... that's not funny at all...
This is the kind of idealism that lead that crazy Norwegian to kill more than 70 people.
I'd never spend a cent on one of his games, no matter how good it could be.

Back
Top Bottom