• NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Eschalon: Book 1

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
1. The Witcher
2. Two Worlds
3. Eschalon

I'm sure MotB is a better game than Two Worlds or Eschalon but I can't ever seem to get into high level D&D games. I loved NWN though.

Saw someone else play it for a good 30 minutes.

And that would be where you should have stopped, realized you had nothing relevant to say about it, and posted one bullet point lighter. It's almost as silly as people posting amazon reviews based on commercials they liked/didn't like.

And that would be where you should have stopped, realized you had nothing relevant to say about it, and posted one bullet point lighter. It's almost as silly as people posting amazon reviews based on commercials they liked/didn't like.

Wow, I didn't know forum members were held up to the same standards as paid reviewers and here I just thought we posted our opinions. Oh well, silly me for thinking this.

@PJ You're right. Most of us did play The Witcher and MOTB and from the comments and polls results MOTB would be golden and most definatly first place if not for The Witcher. The Witcher pushes the envolope on our beloved genre.

Last edited:
There's no way to 'fix it' as I have no way of finding out which voting guest is who. Perhaps our database wizard can do it, but he is busy... which is why I added (and updated) the forum member votes to put things in relation.

Here's the latest count (Dec. 28, 18:02 local time):
Mass Effect - 4 votes
The Witcher - 39 votes
Two Worlds - 1 vote
Hellgate: London - 0 votes
NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer - 4 votes
Eschalon: Book 1 - 6 votes

Last edited:
It's too bad, because I'm sure some of the guest votes were legit--but as usual, a few idiots spoil it for the honest folk.

Thanks for keeping up with the member vote, Jaz. And I guess people can always register and vote as members if they want their opinion to be heard.

i can understand this disclussion of stalker from the list, but why is jade empire not on this list?

Because I didn't choose to include it after deciding to field a short-list rather than the 30 or so releases if we went with every possible title. ;) Excluding the fact that the voting has been borked, we figured The Witcher was a likely winner, with Mask of the Betrayer likely to put up the best competition and maybe some fans of Two Worlds might make an impact. Add Eschalon as a popular indie and HGL mostly to see just what the community reception was (I figured it might not get any votes). JE had no chance of making any impact, in my opinion.

JE compared to The Witcher, MOTB, Eschalon and even Two worlds wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell :) Maybe between Two Worlds, HGL and JE it might have a chance, but it didn't add anything new to the genre like Witcher, MOTB and Eschalon did(Eschalon pushed the envelope on indies).

I liked JE and espcially liked the setting but other than that it really is the same old same old when compared to the big 3 on the list.

I voted witcher before this poll was hacked. A breath of fresh air to rpg genre, a rpg game where storyline matters.

Final results:

Mass Effect - 4 votes
The Witcher - 42 votes
Two Worlds - 1 vote
Hellgate: London - 0 votes
NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer - 4 votes
Eschalon: Book 1 - 6 votes

So Hellgate still got zero member votes, earning it a solid last place.

First Place: The Witcher
Second Place: Eschalon
Third Place: Mass Effect and Mask of the Betrayer

Last edited:
I pity the soul whose life is so devoid of meaning that gets his jollies from sitting there clearing out his cache and re-voting over and over again one some poll, one that really doesnt mean squat anyway!

Yeah, but you could write a DOS batch file that would do it for you. Endlessly. How 1337 would that be???

Haven't written a DOS batch file in years; I've almost forgotten how!! :)

And I thought it was .bart!! lol

i can understand this disclussion of stalker from the list, but why is jade empire not on this list?
Hmmm, I played it back in 2006 or even 2005, don't remember the exact date, so I never even wondered why it wasn't on the 2007 list. Anyway, for me it was the best cRPG of the time period when I played it.

Back
Top Bottom