The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

It moves towards the stairs as you whack on it (doesn't matter where you stand),

Reminds me of a very funny satire by Ephraim Kishon, in which he desribes a washing machine that trembles so much during the high-speed turning of the washer drum during the drying process that he often leaves the house, in search for Freedom. He - the washing machine - is named Jonathan, by the way. ;)

I'll be in late Thursday of course, after dinner. Friday is open, though I'll probably be doing more work than if I went to work. My mom has… plans… No church Wed. so I can possibly play then as well, off in the evening.

Perhaps we can schedule a raid night on Wed. or Thur? The hitch would be our Euro members, since they'd be up early in the morning, with no holiday to back up a session. .

Some raids would be fun. I should be available much of Friday. Thursday night after dinner, would probably work for me too, and probably today as well.

Corwin needs to log on early and figure out what is what.......the map making process has not been completed. I am NOT spending 20 min trying to find him...
You know he always runs away from where you are and gets even more confused as to where he is! ;)

DDO Store :

Free item of the week :

November 27th - December 5th
Lesser Guild Renown Elixir x1
Use Coupon Code GLUP9
1 / Account

Shouldn't t rather read "GULP" instead of "GLUP" ? ;)

More : http://www.ddo.com/en/store

20 % off :

- Hearts of Wood (some, at least)
- Quest XP Elixirs
- Healing items
- SP potions

"Double Points" : https://www.ddo.com/en/ddostorepoints
This seems to be their "Black Friday" deal ? At least I get the impression as if.

Turbine seemingly has the Shadowfell (?) Conspiracy as its Black Friday sale : 50 % off ! Both the Collector's Edition & the Standard Edition !

Only December 2nd : 75 % off Menace Of The Underdark packs !

Phew.

Seemingly it passed through without any problems this time.

I added PayPal as a payment method on the Turbine web site.

Now, it seems, that I'm a proud owner of the MOTU Standard pack and the Conspiracy Collector's Edition - due to Black Friday Sale (Conspiracy 50 % discount) & Cyber Monday Sale (MOTU 75 % discount). ;)

Now you might re-join us again for our regular games!! :)

Yes, that's a thing I'd like to. :)

Unfortunately, EA/Bioware has just lauched "early access" to their SWTOR space PvP game module called "Galactic Starfighter". ;)

But since I now own these packs, I'll definitively look into the game more often now. :)
Especially considering Festivult & the Risia Ice Games are probably soon there as well ! ;)

New DDO Store sale, from December 6th to December 12 :

Free item of the week :

December 6th – 12th
Bell of Opening x1
Use Coupon Code STONE9
1 / Account

Which is nice for classes which cannot open locked doors. ;)

Discounts by 30 % :

- Challenge Packs : Eveningstar Challenge Pack, Vault of the Artificer Challenge Pack
- Challenge tools
- Challenge tokens
- Races : Half-Orc, Half-Elf, Warforged & Drow
- Classes : Druid, Artificer, Monk, Favoured Soul

Additionally : There's something called "December Deals" : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...-Deals!-Great-Deals-Every-weekend-in-December

Dec. 6th – Dec. 8th
30% off Augments, Colossal and Gargantuan Augment Bags
25% off Shared Banks
25% off Platinum Vaults

Unless we have any last minute bails, we'll be knocking off Lordsmarch1 tonight. We might get to kill a minotaur or two. Maybe. That just might be enough to get Az and I over the hump and then we can take toon level 15. Next up? Lordsmarch2 and GH walkups.

Launcher says that there is going to be a Patch during Monday.

Scheduled Server Downtime: 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) Monday, December 9th
Fri, 06 Dec 2013 19:49:49 +0000
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Monday, December 9th from 7:00 - 10:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) for an update to the game. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon! Patch notes will be available during the downtime.

So, I've been thinking. I know, miracles never cease. Anyhoo, I'm looking at my stable and trying to do some plotting and planning. Thought I'd bounce it off folks, both for any advice as well as the chance for my plans to dovetail nicely with the plans of others.

First off, class intentions. I want to try an assassin rogue, a druid of some flavor (just cuz), and a long-overdue return to my pointy stick roots. I don't think I play the game enough to plan much beyond that.

Second, group intentions. The plan was to use the rogue for our next TR group and fill a trap monkey slot for us next time around. The other 2 would probably work for the group as well, if it came down to it. I figure we'll probably be running our current crew until late spring or early summer, in round numbers.

Third, epic intentions. I still don't really care much about epic levels. I've run most of the epic level quests at least once, but I haven't done many of the heroic/epic versions at epic level. Don't know that I really care. I'm currently parking Phuury (lvl25 pale master) up there to be available, but my long-term plan is to turn Shadohe (monk, currently lvl17) into my epic runner and bring Phuury back around. Shadohe solos fairly well, so I'll probably pivot my solo/off-session time over to her in order to get her into the epics.

It makes good sense to slot RhoGu for the assassin spot since he'll have rogue and arty past lives. I've also slowly been adding trap monkey skill tomes to him. The unfortunate problem is that he's ready to go now but we won't be needing him until May. You know me, I get antsy with my TRs.

Stable-wise, I've got Wouldii at 6 and Botdu at 13. I've been focusing on Wouldii recently since he's a 3rd lifer (opens elite) and solos fairly well, but I might look at pivoting off him before too long so he can cover the 6-9 levels to run with others. Bot's a little high for the 10-13 grouping, but so it goes. I'll probably park him for a while.

On to toon-specifics. I don't have any real plans for Klubbir once the Friday group caps. Since I've decided for roleplay reasons that she has to stay a warforged forever, I'll probably bring her around as an arty, but I guess I'm not overly concerned with her right now. It probably doesn't make sense to slot her for the pointy stick role, though, since I've decided warforged don't make good melee toons. I never have gotten very attached to her, probably due to her dumpster fire of a first life. Phuury probably has the best synergy to be the druid whenever I bring him around. Not sure what sort of druid he'd be. Most likely he'd end up similar to Az's melee-with-healing build, but I might get crazy and do a caster build. Haven't really looked at the class much yet.

In the end, covering epics has forced some holes in my stable, both level-wise and role-wise. Generally speaking, it takes a stable of 5 toons to cover the heroic levels. #6 becomes the Friday toon. Technically, once you have to cover epics, you can't do it properly without additional toons. Soooo, I've been thinking about starting a new toon. I need another toon like I need a hole in the head and I dread having to open on normal again. It would probably be my pointy stick, which means he/she won't solo easily, either. Gah.

So, I guess the questions before the house are:
1) has anyone else given thought to their role in the next TR group? If others are interested in the trap monkey role, that gives me license to rush RhoGu's TR. If we'll need trap monkeys, I'm perfectly fine with filling that slot since that was my plan all along anyway—it just means I've got to get over my TR itch and put RhoGu on ice for a few months.
2) start another toon?
3) any development options I'm missing or mistakes I'm making?

So,
Shadohe to epic, then TR Phuury to druid
RhoGu TR to assassin rogue…with group?
Wouldii and Bot do stable work
Klubbir is Friday toon and who cares what her future is

Last edited:
Plan for tomorrow: GH walkups (I think we've got a good shot of finishing them all)
Plan for 20DEC: Lordsmarch2
Plan for 27DEC: I'm anticipating some holiday absences, so this will probably be a catch-as-catch-can session.

Proposal: Do we want to start adding 1 epic quest to the beginning of each session to start collecting TR tokens? If we started a "slow farm" now, we should all have our hearts paid off roughly when the next wave is due. Don't really have an opinion, just throwing it out there.

My current TR plans are for my 2 first lifer wizards (24, 18) into Wizzies (most likely) since I need to get back to my casting roots. For FAR too long have I been wielding a pointy stick!! :)

As we usually need to split into 2 groups most weeks, we need to consider making sure we cover all bases when planning our next TR's.

I think my plan is to go insane. Then, probably just pick up Rachail on the next group. She's level 3, and has run a fair bit of stuff, but as a 3rd lifer, can use the xp. It does mean I'll miss out on Korthos :)D)

This fills one of the trapper slots.

Alternately, I can TR with 9 more tokens, and could theoretically bring Susan or Pump or Fireflash back down as something else if someone else wants trapper duties. Like Peter, since he's so fond of it. Mirys has a heart banked, but obviously we would actually need to hit 20 with our current characters to Tr her.

This opens me up to pretty much any needed position.

On the level spread, I'm actually getting cramped up top. I have a 3, 10, 15, 18, and the rest 20+. Aneira will likely be at 20 soon.

As for tomorrow, I have no idea if I'm working say or not. Not scheduled for it, and we caught up, but you never know. I doubt it though. There is some call for more bad weather though, so who knows.

As for the 20th, I may have to work that saturday. So don't be surprised.

Shutdown begins on the 23rd, and goes to the 1st. I have no plans, outside of Christmas day.

So, we stand at 1 caster, 1 trap monkey, and [either a 2nd trap monkey or a druid]. Speak yer peace, peoples, particularly if someone has their heart set on a trap monkey role since those appear to be filling fast!

Shadohe made lvl18 last night by a sliver. I should probably get her thru Rainbow so she can shroud. With the new XP scale, I really don't think it's going to take all that long to get her capped.

I will probably TR my level 23 cleric into a cleric again. That means we have a healing capable toon. He's just being kept at the epic level so he can TR at the same time as the others.

My artificer and monk will also TR if needed. So we could have another trapper and melee. My monk is 17 (holding 18), but can quickly get to 20.

My level 28 fighter and 26 cleric will remain at the epic levels. Maybe they will use the epic TR to get back to 20 if we want to run though epic stuff for newly arriving level 20 toons.

My level 15 fighter will play on Fridays until we decide to swap to a different Friday toon train. I want to TR him asap since I don't like the half-elf race after the enhancement changes. He will probably become a human.

Back
Top Bottom