The last really good sci-fi movie you saw in a theater

Funnily enough, one of my friends told me last night that he had bought the Natural City DVD only yesterday because he remembered me liking it. Well, he couldn't stand it. Didn't even manage to finish it. So I'd say: If you have problems with the Korean way of acting (think of Korean Anime like Casshern), you might not like it.

I finally got around to seeing Prometheus today.

I was entertained, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit there were more disappointments than positive surprises.

I expected the convoluted plot from all the comments I'd read, but I wasn't expecting sub-par FX and mediocre acting to go with it. Don't even get me started on the way it ended...

I've heard alot of criticism but subpar FX?

It was only in a couple of spots, but they were important scenes.

It's subjective of course, but I thought…

The scene where the tentacled alien attacks the engineer was not convincing at all. The CGI was too obvious and it just looked…fake.

Also, the final scene with the Xenomorph. I thought it just looked horrible, both technically and artistically. I'm not sure what Scott was trying to do there.

I too (!:)) have seen Prometheus recently and considered it bordering on a piece of shit upon leaving the cinema.
Some solid 3D effects, good acting courtesy of the android dude and Charlize Theron´s sex appeal, otherwise it´s a rollecoaster of pitiful storytelling and character developing and the film succeeds neither as horror, nor as action film, nor as sci-fi and nor as character drama.

I´ve put an info embargo on myself about a month ago, so at least there was a bit of element of surprise in there :).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom