Deep Silver - Outward Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Deep Silver has announced Outward which is an open world RPG about exploration and adventuring that you can play single or multiplayer. The release date is 12th February 2019.

Embrace the adventurer’s spirit!

In OUTWARD, you, the player, aren’t the chosen one from a prophecy: you are an adventurer, a traveler, an explorer. And most importantly, you are vulnerable!

Outward is an open world RPG that you play alone or with friends, either online or in splitscreen. It's more than just an open world RPG you can play coop though. You live the life of an adventurer, from his or her humble beginnings up until you become a hardened wanderer, whilst traversing incredible landscapes rich with diversity and life.
More information.

Graphics from 2009, and no story. Probably a waste of time but you never know.

Look like a soft Dark Souls.

deepsilver... ouch... sounds good certainly hope it will be good. yet i have doubts..

Well, I wonder whether they are showing it at the Games Com ?
I feel mildly interested right now …
Just because I love exploration ... ;)

I’m not the chosen one??? Phoeey! Sounds like real life.

I do like exploring,but it kinda reminds me of Risen,hopefully they go in a diferent direction..

Could be a good one - there's just not enough there to know what the game is about, though. Ah well, they've got six months to tell us.

Hm this might be a cancelled kickstarter from 2015 so probably not new.

Link - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/271033429/outward-the-adventurer-life-sim/posts/1221570
Hello everyone, It is a rather painful thing to do, but we had to cancel the campaign and redirect our efforts. From the start, it was obvious that without the involvement from the press to help spread the word around, we wouldn't be able to reach enough backers to meet our goal.

Running a kickstarter campaign is a very time-consuming effort, and time is a resource we have less and less of. Given that we were obviously not going to meet our goal, we decided that we should focus the rest of our resources on alternative ways to get funding.

First, we have submitted an application for something called the Canada Media Fund. If we get approved, then the project is fully funded. It's the best case scenario, but once again we'll need a bit of luck. We should hear back from them in June or July.

Secondly, we will try and find either investors or publishers. It is very hard to evaluate our chances of getting one, and it largely depends on how flexible we are with the terms of the contract. The thing is, we aren't. So we'll see if we can find a publisher that has a vision in tune with our own, or find an investor who has a high level of trust in our ability to deliver a high quality game that gamers want. Since looking for a publisher is about as intense as running a Kickstarter, this is where we will be directing our efforts for the time being.

Third, we'll try and find ways to generate more revenue from GoD Factory: Wingmen, our previous title. I don't expect that this could fund the next project entirely, but it could definitely buy us more time, increasing our chances of securing a larger investment. "Live long enough to get lucky", as they say.

you play alone or with friends, either online or in splitscreen.
Goodbye forever, twas nice knowing you.

Back
Top Bottom