Shadowrun Returns - Review @ Mortismal Gaming

I liked them all but Dragonfall DC is definitely my favorite. Hong Kong suffered a bit from some "Walls of text" which could've used another editing pass. But still very enjoyable and it had more missions where you can completely bypass combat with the right skills if you're into that. I think Dragonfall only has one of those.

There's a user-made trilogy that I would highly recommend: 1. Antumbra Saga (Shadowrun Dragonfall), 2. Caldeoctt Caper (Hong Kong), 3. CalFree In Chains (Hong Kong).

In a lot of way these potentially surpass the official campaigns IMO. Particularly the latter two have interesting companions and a solid story with a good mix of dialogue & combat.
You're making me want to replay dragonfall. I never finished it...
Got distracted by another shiny game I think.

Hey, if this thread gets a few people to replay these fine games, I call that a job well done. And, who knows, maybe even a few new eyes will see the light!

I've had DragonFall-DC sitting in my GoG library forever. Maybe I should play it now because I just finished Chronicles of Myrtana. Any mods that are must-haves with the Director's Cut?

I've had DragonFall-DC sitting in my GoG library forever. Maybe I should play it now because I just finished Chronicles of Myrtana. Any mods that are must-haves with the Director's Cut?

I never used mods with any of the Shadowrun games or felt like I needed to. The popular ones seem to be mostly total conversions. i.e. the SNES game remade in that engine, etc.

Mercurial was a 1989 module for the PnP game, so probably a port.
Correct the mod makers were inspired by the PNP version.
Seattle, 2050.

The shadows are deep and dark. The SINners live the high life, and the SINless live in the filth of the Barrens. Sometimes, one gets a view of the other, but not often, and not often with good results.

Mercurial is a campaign for new runners, where you'll have the chance to recruit your own team and work a job. Be careful of who you trust. Nothing is what it seems.

Brought to you by the ShadowRun Identity Project.

Hey, if this thread gets a few people to replay these fine games, I call that a job well done. And, who knows, maybe even a few new eyes will see the light!
Well I have reinstalled it, but with two kids gaming time has gotten more and more limited.

Don't feel pressured pladio, no-one will think less of you because you don't immediately play everything mentioned. You have all the time in the world.

Don't feel pressured pladio, no-one will think less of you because you don't immediately play everything mentioned. You have all the time in the world.

Play everything in the next two weeks or you will be banished from RPGWatch. Now get to cracking.

Gosh Pladio, recently it's taken me like a month to get through just one game, as I find myself reading or listening to tunes more, so there's no rush, brother. Take your time and enjoy whatever you play!

Play everything in the next two weeks or you will be banished from RPGWatch. Now get to cracking.

Gosh Pladio, recently it's taken me like a month to get through just one game, as I find myself reading or listening to tunes more, so there's no rush, brother. Take your time and enjoy whatever you play!

Well,, I ended up playing the game again in the end. I played as a simple ranged character. Nothing special.

I had the same kind of thing as the first time I played. I feel like the game is fun, but then, it felt too long for me.
I pushed through just for my sanity, so I wouldn't have to do it again.

:D

Thanks for believing in me :p

Back
Top Bottom