Blizzard - New Diablo Game Coming

An isometric, turn-based, troupe-style rpg, no doubt. What was old is new again. :p
Yep that's Blizzard's usual game Philosophy. Don't forget the forced Battle.net usage for every game. I'm still steamed that consoles got an offline version, and the PC didn't.

Bunch of damn Hypocrites I say..:mad:

When will lemmings understand that just because your Call of Cuty, Fallout 4, & Diablo 3 titles sold well doesn't necessarily make them good games.

And calling D3 a crap game doesn't make it so either. People have different tastes. I do not think D3 is a great game, but it's far from terrible imo.

There is an obscure website called Wikipedia that you might want to check out.
All it says is that combined sales of both games are 30 million units.
It also says that Reaper of Souls sold 1/3 of what D3 sold in first week.
So that already shown that D3 lost 2/3 of its usebase due to a bad game.

I swear, if it's another battle royale, MOBA, hero shooter, or a ************* mobile game, I'll… Well, I'll not buy it and complain on the internet.

Personally, I'm hoping they've been taking notes from Path of Exile's success (their gameplay model, not the F2P model) and some other games in the genre (like Grim Dawn and Wolcen). Guess time will tell though.

All it says is that combined sales of both games are 30 million units.
It also says that Reaper of Souls sold 1/3 of what D3 sold in first week.
So that already shown that D3 lost 2/3 of its usebase due to a bad game.

Shrug, it sold 2.7 million in the first week and is one of the top selling games of all time. How you interpret that information is up to you. But I doubt Blizzard views it as a failure.

I will only be interested if it meets certain requirements:

1. No loot boxes or pay to win schemes. Full of microtransactions? Then hell no.
2. Must have a single player story/campaign. Multiplayer only games need not apply.
3. The single player must not be done in a half-assed way, as an afterthought or cheap addition to the multiplayer. It must be compelling and have good side quests, deep story, and feel like a rich, full experience.
4. How about much more deep rpg elements, deepen the rpg system, instead of watering it down or dumbing it down, for once.
5. It must have an off-line mode, I don't want to be forced to be online anytime I want to play the damn thing. I don't think this last one is too much to ask! If worried about piracy, then a weekly online verification check can be required. Something painless and simple.

I doubt they will do any of this, and it will probably be a multiplayer only, online always, microtransactions filled crap-fest, to be honest.

I swear, if it's another battle royale, MOBA, hero shooter, or a ************* mobile game, I'll… Well, I'll not buy it and complain on the internet.

Blizzard already have:
- a MOBA (Heroes of the Storm)
- a mobile game TCG (Hearthstone)
- a MMORPG (WoW)
- a PvP multiplayer shooter game with heroes (Overwatch)
- a co-op looter series with Diablo.

But they hinted last month at doing a Battle Royal game…

If it makes lots of $$, you can bet Blizzard is going to make one of it and about a year after their game is released the internet will believe they invented the genre.

What is a Battle Royale game?

Is it a genre? I'm out of the loop as far as gaming goes…

It's what PvP survival games turned into when players showed they didn't care too much about the survival gameplay in the game. So Hunger Games with more killing.

See wikipedia description.

I will only be interested if it meets certain requirements:

1. No loot boxes or pay to win schemes. Full of microtransactions? Then hell no.
2. Must have a single player story/campaign. Multiplayer only games need not apply.
3. The single player must not be done in a half-assed way, as an afterthought or cheap addition to the multiplayer. It must be compelling and have good side quests, deep story, and feel like a rich, full experience.
4. How about much more deep rpg elements, deepen the rpg system, instead of watering it down or dumbing it down, for once.
5. It must have an off-line mode, I don't want to be forced to be online anytime I want to play the damn thing. I don't think this last one is too much to ask! If worried about piracy, then a weekly online verification check can be required. Something painless and simple.

I doubt they will do any of this, and it will probably be a multiplayer only, online always, microtransactions filled crap-fest, to be honest.

This is pretty much my checklist for any rpg purchase these days!

The haters are trying way too hard to seem cool in this thread. :)

I'm not a big fan of Diablo or its clones, but D3 sold well for a reason. It's a good game if that's your thing, and I thought it was a hell of a lot more fun than Path of Exile which I couldn't even finish.

Do not mistake my disdain for hate. If I feel anything whatsoever for Blizzard, it is an immense swell of pity, for how they've changed for the far worse over the years. Once you've lost vision and integrity, good luck ever retrieving them.

Sure, D3 is a good game. But there are better games that sold worse. And yes, there is a reason. Marketing.

It's about marketing budget, not marketing skills. Those other companies don't have $50M lying around to market their game.

But I also agree with someone earlier (Archangel iirc) who said it was hype leftover from earlier Diablo games. I suspect that played an even bigger role than the marketing.

In any case, the two combined are the reason D3 sold well at release. At the time it was released it was a god-awful game. Sure it had a lot of flash and polish, so the reviews were decent, but once you got past your first run through all the acts, you realized how truly bad it was rather quickly. Obviously, it's been improved a lot since then, so that criticism is lessened, but the game set sales records right off the bat, and that was completely undeserved.

Hopefully they look at Path of Exile success and try to understand why their crap game Diablo 3 is no longer played while PoE keeps growing every 3 months. And then learn the right lessons and make a better next Diablo game.

Path of Exile is the last place you want to look for inspiration as it is a giant steaming pile of horrible gameplay and design. Grim dawn is where you want to look for inspiration! Hell even Van Helsing games are vastly superior to PoE.

Just having the Diablo devs bragging about not playing on the hardest difficulty cause it was such a challenge do say quite a bit about the failure of a game they put out at launch.
One of the largest developers in the world and don't even bother with proper QA.

Path of Exile is the last place you want to look for inspiration as it is a giant steaming pile of horrible gameplay and design. Grim dawn is where you want to look for inspiration! Hell even Van Helsing games are vastly superior to PoE.

Path of Exile has its pros and cons, just like every other game. There are things there that they could implement and improve upon and there are things they can look at and say "That didn't work out for them. Let's not do that." Further, inspiration can be found anywhere if someone is open-minded. It's not really that much of a stretch to think that a developer could be playing a game and maybe they really don't like it, but they see something in that game that makes them think "Man, it'd be so cool if you do _____." and then they refine that idea and implement it into a future project.

Back
Top Bottom