Black Geyser - Backer Beta Preview and Music

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A soundtrack of Black Geyser has been made available in video form.

After our last update, many of you complimented us on the music that played when the party first came outdoors into Vintner's Grove. We thought you might enjoy if we shared it as a standalone track in this update. The following is from our official soundtrack.

Alsoan additional video expanding on the one from the May update has been made available.

Today we are also sharing a follow-up video to our last one. Its focus, as with our May update, is on dialogue and story elements, while demonstrating more of our UI and how areas of the game can change due to certain factors (in this case, time and interdimensional travel!).

Our party is on the hunt for an antidote that will save Stephan and his men from the terrible poison inflicted by a magical trap. Finding it requires using a dangerous cursed stone to travel to the past. Will we be able to locate the antidote in time? What dangers lurk in the Cult of Zoria's hideout? Watch the video below for the exciting conclusion to our side quest: Trapped Under the Surface.

More information.

This looks so similar to PoE. May end up being good but the similarity is striking...

I guess there is no sense to ask for some improvements, something fresh in this genre anymore…*sigh* even watching old Icewind Dale videos gave me more excitement than this.

I didn't watch the gameplay video yet (its like 30mins long) but the comments on codex seem positive - something about ToEE vibe etc

If I didn't know otherwise, I'd say it is a mod for PoE. Similarity is striking. But it's not a bad thing, on the contrary it was an instant pledge for me. I never say no to party based, isometric RTwP games. There was a time when we craved for RPGs like this, now some of us are doing meh to these kind of games. We gamers are spoiled indeed.

Looks too much like CURSED Pillars of Eternity Skip skip skip okay bye.. close video play.

Dont think PoE had problem with style. For me there were issues on different fronts. So no problem with similar looks on my side.

I skimmed through the gameplay video - still think the whole project seem very amateur… they seem to have passion for the project though. They really need to work on the sound aspect in general (its very cringe worthy) and also need to improve the combat - seems too simplistic, without tactic and easy. Still hoping they will prove me wrong and deliver a decent game, I'm always in need for a good isometric, party-based RTwP games.

This reminds me of The Broken Hourglass in someways, saddens me that the project is cancelled.

I think its the narrator more than the gameplay. He was annoying me the whole time. I think the game looks pretty solid. If the PoE series didn't exist I think our collective opinions of it might be quite a bit more positive?

Yes, the narrator didn't help but I felt all of the sound files don't work well e.g. the water flowing sound was so loud, it made me imagine the party is outside near the big, fast water stream rather than a small underground one. I didn't read any of the dialogues (I'd like to keep story/quest as spoiler free), I guess that may be the reason I found the video very underwhelming (if the main focus of the video was to show off dialogue/story etc)

Since the release is in 2nd quarter of 2020, guess they still have time to improve the game. Both this and Realms Beyond is delayed quite a bit, keeping an eye on for both :)

Back
Top Bottom