Mass Effect: Andromeda - Multiplayer Optional

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Mcvuk they report that Mass Effect: Andromeda will have optional multiplayer.

Mass Effect Andromeda's multiplayer mode will have stronger ties to the game's overall story, but will be entirely optional, Bioware has revealed. In an interview with Kotaku Australia, Bioware producer Mike Gamble spoke about how the game's multiplayer mode will differ from Mass Effect 3.

Exact details about what the multiplayer mode will entail are still thin on the ground, but players will be glad to hear that they won't be required to play it in order to get the most out of the main story. In Mass Effect 3, players were encouraged to try the game's multiplayer mode in order to improve their overall readiness reading, which determined how many characters survived the last battle. Mass Effect Andromeda's multiplayer, however, isn't required to finish the main story.

"There's a system that we use called the Strike Team system, and fundamentally it allows you to go between singleplayer and multiplayer within the game," Gamble stated. "And it's packaged around a meta-story of what's going on in Helios."

The meta-story can also be finished without participating in multiplayer missions.

"I can tell you that there's a loading screen - it's not entirely seamless - but it won't require you to stop your game and restart in a different mode. Because narratively it's all connected, it makes a lot of sense," Gamble added.
More information.

Interesting. How about speaking the truth instead?

ME4 is MMO, but you can enter some irrelevant to EA solo missions any time you want. Exactly like Titanfall 2.
It's not damned vice versa!

"Exact details about what the multiplayer mode will entail are still thin on the ground, but players will be glad to hear that they won't be required to play it in order to get the most out of the main story. "

Freudian slip???

__

124de49.jpg

Is this seamless multiplayer he speaks of a co-op thing or PvP? ME does have the potential to be fairly good in co-op, like D: OS, Baldur's Gate and so on. At least we won't have any of that galaxy map multiplayer factor crap that ME3 had. It's fine with all the DLCs (can max it now without any difficulty), but at the time it was shite.

Is this seamless multiplayer he speaks of a co-op thing or PvP?

It's co-op but not in the sense of BG or D:OS. MEA MP is done via Strike Team missions which is pretty much ME3 MP Horde Mode that can also be played single player.

It's co-op but not in the sense of BG or D:OS. MEA MP is done via Strike Team missions which is pretty much ME3 MP Horde Mode that can also be played single player.

Ah, fair enough. Probably with a wee bit more story though given the "meta story" thing he refers to? Still sounds like something I won't bother with..

ME3 MP was my favorite aspect of the game. But, I am in no rush for a repeat experience.

While the idea of forcing people to play multiplayer to get best results in singleplayer campaign was a horrible idea, I thought the multiplayer game was actually a fun thing to play for few weeks atleast. I think I would have kept playing longer if it wasn't just so freaking laggy. :( I had great time battling against hordes of enemies with my buddies, but we all got so frustrated because of a bad netcode. Warping / glitching randomly wasn't much fun… However when it worked, it was awesome, but quite often we experienced these huge lag spikes and other type of weird behavior.

Yeah, I know the frustration, but I experienced none (or at least that I can remember) of it with ME3 MP.

ESO is a very different frustrating story, sadly. Its PvP is ruined for me, since it's ALWAYS laggy and glitchy in large battles.

Eh, not really a Mass Effect player but another RPG with co-op is cool with me. That's still a great place for PC RPGs to dig in and gain some ground since Larian is really the only developer that already has a deep co-op RPG out right now on PC.

I hope not… I'll be cancelling my preorder if you turn out to be right.

My friend,you should be canceling you preorder either way.
You shouldn't be supporting anti-consumer,game studio destroyers like EA.

IMO he shouldn't cancel it if he got some juicy preorder discount like 20% lesser price.
The problem is he doesn't have a few days of others betatesting it - EA won't release the game on phones a few days early like NMS where we learned immediately from playstation casuals the game is checkpoints and inventory tetris so we could still cancel preorder regardless of preorder price.

EDIT:
http://www.pcgamesn.com/mass-effect-andromeda/mass-effect-andromeda-multiplayer-story-integration

We heard earlier this week that a system called ‘Strike Teams’ will link Andromeda’s single-player and multiplayer modes in a narrative context, and will enable you to switch between the two without quitting out to the main menu. However, Frazier and Melo say this won’t be the only way to play either mode: “if you only wanted to play MP (or only SP for that matter), you can without any gating from the ‘other’ mode”, says Melo. Strike Teams are “not a requirement”, says Frazier.

Melo also made clear that despite Strike Teams making sense of multiplayer within the story of the campaign, multiplayer maps won’t be “gated” by your progress in the story - all maps will be available from the beginning. This also means multiplayer won’t spoil the single-player story.
Why is Bioware dancing like a cat around hot bowl with these social network oneliners?

The answer we need is if ME4 is designed as DA:I with added bonus but irrelevant MMO part, is it designed as MGS5:Narnia where players can buy cheats in MMO part with real $ or is designed like Titanfall2 where MMO got just a few hours of singleplayer content.

Last edited:
Sounds like an improved version of ME3MP.

Sounds fan-fucking-tastic, especially since the co-op MP in ME3 was probably the best MP gaming last gen (tied with TLoU Factions...god damn, that is some great MP).

I couldn't care less about MP in any way or form, so in ME3 I hated that it felt like I was missing part of the game by not doing MP. I hope in ME:A it's basically a separate menu option or something, nothing that breaks my immersion in the game.

A new video appeared on ME:MMO site:
https://www.masseffect.com/andromeda-initiative/training-hub/tempest-and-nomad

Basically the same CGI of the inferior Normandy version from recent trailer and hints on the new Mako.
Hints like paint jobs. Instead of ending, prepare your arse for red, green and blue DLC.
What will you do with the new Mako? Mining, sonar, grinding. MMO can't exist without that, right?

I don't think so, seen "kits", "packs" and whatnot used for it but as usual, mainstream media refuses to use any word that describes the thing in some obvious way where you don't even have to see it yet you can imagine how it looks.
Remember, mainstream media forged "busywork" (what could that possibly be? a beehive?), "theme park" (as if we're in some sort of openspace museum and not in a game) and "immersive sim" (kill me but I thought when I first saw it that this is a diving simulator).

Back
Top Bottom