Pricewatch!

Hell, why not? I need something to modulate my stress levels.

Do you know if the Gothic 1 bugs are fixed in this?

EDIT: Specifically Windows 7 64 bit. I tried the player kit, but it introduced more serious errors of its own.

Last edited:
No idea, sorry. I haven't kept abreast of Gothic community patches, but I'll go hunting in the relevant forum before I get stuck in.

My inventory icons keep disappearing. Also some orc weapon causes a crash too. Swimming underwater is terribly glitchy as well, it can get hung up in a weird stutter and freeze = instant death. Finally when unlocking a chest and failing the character rubberbands between kneeling and standing up.

Also, look on the steam forums. Lots of people have much more serious trouble with G1 on win64 bit machines. There are fixes posted, a couple of which I tried and made things worse from the World of Gothic website.

Obviously from the Steam postings there's unfixed stuff.

I should try out more of the fixes on the Steam forum, as they appear much more comprehensive (or at least better organized and understandable) than the ones I tried from the World of Gothic site (at least in English).

Last edited:
Never wanted to buy this game, but -80% seems nice for something praised on metacritic:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/8190/

Anyone tried it? Is it really worth a shot? I mean… Does it have anything to offer than driving a car all the time? Or is it as one person say:
Do not let them seduce you with good looking trailers. They are made from cut scenes which generally looks good. But when cut scenes stop everything good stop. Practicaly unplayable console port with bad story, bad shooting and medicore gfx! Avoid it!

Square Enix published it and I kinda can't stand those guys.
What do you say, should I take a bite?

I got it on a super-cheap sale. It's a phenomenally bad port. As in, they couldn't even get the audio to synch during the cutscenes/conversations. I suppose if you can get past that it might be alright.

Yeah, also sitting in my ' bought it, but why?' Pile ..

Ty guys, I'm skipping it.

Message of the Day Pop Up Window from Origin:

"Code Redemption is temporarily unavailable. We have top agents working on it. please try again later."

Right….

top..agents.

I got it on a super-cheap sale. It's a phenomenally bad port. As in, they couldn't even get the audio to synch during the cutscenes/conversations. I suppose if you can get past that it might be alright.

is that the reason for the score on Metacritic - because its a console port and the MC score is for the console version? Steam should be careful what they link to.

is that the reason for the score on Metacritic - because its a console port and the MC score is for the console version? Steam should be careful what they link to.

That would be my guess. My hazy recollection is that it could have been a fun game if they took the time to patch away some of the porting issues, but there didn't seem to be any sign of that happening.

Just Cause 2 is some of the most balls out fun you can have playing a video game.

Groupees Be Mine 9 is live.
It contains:
The Whispered World
Mini Motor Racer EVO
Splatter
Depths of Peril

And pay more than $5 to get
Eador: Master of the Broken World + soundtrack
Eador: Genesis
Ittle Dew + soundtrack
Angelica Weaver: Catch me when you can + soundtrack
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages + soundtrack & novel

and 7 bonuses. The first one (at 4000 bundles sold) will be particulars

I was going to post this today, too. Found it on the Qt3 forum. Seems like a good deal to get Eador. Are any of the others worth playing? I tried DoP once. The fugly garish graphics really annoyed me. A rarity.

Not video games, but definitely RPG-related, RPGNow/DriveThruRPG is having a super sale on Lovecraft-related products in honor of his 123rd birthday. There's some good stuff in there, even if you just read it and don't play the games.

I was going to post this today, too. Found it on the Qt3 forum. Seems like a good deal to get Eador. Are any of the others worth playing? I tried DoP once. The fugly garish graphics really annoyed me. A rarity.

Ring Runner is quite fun, and Ittle Dew looks like it could be fun as well. The Whispered World has been featured in at least 2 previous bundles, but it is a top notch adventure game, of the style that seem to be popular in Germany.

Ring Runner looks like a sup'ed up asteroids, and the Whispered World animations look a bit too childish for my taste. Probably give Ring Runner a go though.

Back
Top Bottom