Pricewatch!

OK, 23 kronettes. Whatever. ;)

BTW, I bought Victoria II, too. Only God knows why, since my backlog is almost toppling over and my hard drive is stuffed...

I love Paradox strategy games, but for some reason I didn't like Victoria. Maybe I didn't give it a good chance, but my first attempt wasn't too good... dozens of frequent popups asking me if I approved of this and that, every 4 or so years (elections)... that got old fast.
Now, Europa Universalis 3 and Crusader Kings 2, that's another story

Those popups are meant to help you influence the way the political debate goes, and in the long run, influence the opinions of your people, which can have a rather large impact on the game. It will take time before those things gets noticeable though (which is true for most things you do in Victoria, there are very few things that will have an immediate noticeable impact).

It's for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android.

They emphasized Android because this is the first bundle to be Android compatible.

Quite nice. Spiderweb games haven't previously had Linux support IIRC.

Not only that, Jeff made it very clear that this is 'put up or shut up' time for Android folks constantly bugging him ...

Just a word of warning if your main pull for this bundle is Avadon for Android. It is only compatible with Android tablets.

FYI, I got this for Avadon, and it installs and runs on my XP machine for a great price! :) The browser platformer game Canabalt seemed rather silly. I may try out the other games, too.

Not sure if the Pricewatch thread is limited to games only, so forgive me if this is out of place… That said, here is a great deal on a very nice power supply:

SeaSonic X750 750W 80 Plus Gold Modular PSU from $190 - $40 IR - $40 promo code EMCNGHN22 = $110 shipped free at newegg.

Just bought one for my next build. :biggrin:

Just a word of warning if your main pull for this bundle is Avadon for Android. It is only compatible with Android tablets.

from the humble bundle page:

Five games—never-before-seen on Android—for your phones and tablets

are you having problems running it on your phone?

Android apps are hit and miss on different devices; its not like Windows where it should run on all PC's given the minimum hardware specs (but on that part it is the same isn't it) due to customization by different vendors and phone services. This is also not a iOS device where its one size fits all.

If this is on the Android Market page you should look to see if anyone else is having the same issue with your product - that way the devs can be sure to look into the specific issues and work on a fix/compatibility upgrade.

Also, what OS version has the bundle been developed for? If its Ice Cream Sandwich (OS 4) then my tablet can run it by my phone can not because it won't upgrade.

from the humble bundle page:

are you having problems running it on your phone?

Android apps are hit and miss on different devices; its not like Windows where it should run on all PC's given the minimum hardware specs (but on that part it is the same isn't it) due to customization by different vendors and phone services. This is also not a iOS device where its one size fits all.

If this is on the Android Market page you should look to see if anyone else is having the same issue with your product - that way the devs can be sure to look into the specific issues and work on a fix/compatibility upgrade.

Also, what OS version has the bundle been developed for? If its Ice Cream Sandwich (OS 4) then my tablet can run it by my phone can not because it won't upgrade.

It is VERY specific that Avadon is only for tablets. Also, Avadon isn't on the Android Market yet

Back
Top Bottom