The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

We could do Cannith or Amrath quests with our level 18's. Or we can do quests in Eveningstar. I can then bring the level 21 cleric so we have some healing.

You're NOT running a level 21 with 18's; I'm NOT taking a HP hit at that level with a second lifer!!

I have no preference. Someone just make up my mind before I get there. ;)

Yes you have. That's where you got your fabricator gauntlets. :)

No he hasn't, he's just run the explorers and doesn't actually have any fab gauntlets yet!! You're getting people confused again Peter; must be all the cold up there freezing your brain cells!! :)

FYI : I'm back again.

I'll drop in within the next days.

Edit : Did you see the new guide on the MM yet ?
http://www.ddo.com/en/ddogameinfo/otherfeatures/2323-learn-more-monster-manual

Edit : More news : http://www.ddo.com/ddostoresale

Player's Choice #1
Which In-Game Boost Won?
+35% Heroic
XP Boost
Enjoy it in-game August 9-15

Player's Choice #2
35% off Select DDO Store Items
Vote Now!

Vote and decide which item category will be on sale for 35% off in the DDO Store from August 17th through 23rd!

Eberron Adventure Packs
XP & Boosts
Healing & Magic

Menace of the Underdark™ will be 50% off on the DDO Market and DDO.com/Underdark all day tomorrow, August 15th!
This promotion includes Menace of the Underdark™ Base Edition and Standard Edition.

50% De Réduction Sur La Menace De L’Underdark™
Toutle La Journée Du 15 Août !

50 % Rabatt Auf Bedrohung Durch Das Unterreich™
Am 15. August- Den Ganzen Tag Lang!

Last edited:
I'd like to do some different things this time around, so here's my proposal:

First, Sharn. Not new, but we need the Coin Lord favor.
Second, Carnival. Most of us have barely touched it.
Third, 3 Barrel. Supposedly the loot has been significantly improved and none of us have touched it in quite a while.

Things we don't run:
Tangles. Enough already.
STK. OK, that's a personal choice. ;)
Necro1. We've already got the silver flame pendant. If anyone needs one, we can do it on the side.

I think that will work out fairly well as far as matching the party level to the quest levels (running elite).

Sharn takes less than an hour to complete whereas 3B is much longer plus explorers, so I'd suggest running that quickly first to get it out of the way.

I agree. Sharn is relatively short, 3-Barrel-Cove is HUGE - as an explorer area. Almost as big as … Well, I don't own all of the packs, but Sands is place 2 in my opinion, judging the sheer size.

For the Elusive Bounty everyone needs - if possible - an item for permanently being able to breath under water. It is far too likely to get lost there and drown, even with an water-breathing spell or potion or item (which you all [I think] CAN'T take when you are swimming in the water towards it …
I managed it to do it once : Water breating spell, knew wheere it was, but time was running out, especially since I got lost o the way back. Believe me or not, but this underwater hiding place is terrible ! - Hence the name : "Elusive Bounty".

For a few other quests a water-breathing item/spell/potion is sufficient (2-toed Tobias, Ghost of a Chance). One just needs to get there.

We could do it the other way round, too : Do 3-Barrel-Cove first, *because* it takes up so much time. It would be fun running around there. We could even split.

I think that I'll be available then. Very likely. Just tell me which character you want me to play. They're all listed here : http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061155340&postcount=17 with my Cleric now being level 7 (XP penalty ?).

Thursday very likely not, I believe. Especially because I'll be exhausted from the Games Com, then.

And remember that the Stone Of Experience is running out on August, 20th !

Edit : Last : We could do Chronoscope, too. And Devil Assault. DA ist short and nice (3 chests during play), but I've played it only on normal difficulty so far.
Chronoscope should imho not be played on elite difficulty with level 6 characters.

Okay, enough of my thoughts. ;)

Edit : Player's Thoughts on Druids : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=388563

Edit : Nice : Shroud explanation in German language ! ;) http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=312000

Last edited:
We need to do 3 Barrel first then, I think. I believe otherwise we will outlevel the quests. Afterwords, sharn. Carnival is level6, so can be put off for a bit.

Mirial needs the amulet though
Had to do a quick check with DDOWiki. Sharn is level 4, so it would have to go first since some of us are already holding level 6. 3Barrel and Carnival are both level 5 so the order would be unimportant. My thought is that there'd be more XP available from 3B because of the outdoor section, so doing that first might push us past Carnival.

The other pack I didn't mention was your favorite, Az—Delera. That runs from 5-7, so theoretically we should be throwing that into the mix as well. My thought is that we should all have our Voices from the previous life (excepting the 2 first-lifers in the crew, 3 if Alrik plays) and we've run that series to death, so I'd put it on the skip list unless we need XP. My experience so far has been that the 2nd lifers are having no problem outlevelling the usual content due to our elite streak.

I'm not intending to screw over the 1st lifers. JM and I both have lvl5 TRs seperate from the group that would be available to help the 1st lifers pick up their Siver Flame Amulet and Voice. I'd just like to see the group focus on content where JM remembers less than 95% of every trap location in the quest. ;)

Interestingly, the new quest system really lists quests with a higher difficulty now with a different level altogether.

Or so I've understood it.

What I mean is this (just an example) :

Quest - is level 3 in normal difficulty
Quest - is level 5 in hard difficulty
Quest - is level 7 in elite difficulty setting

I have no exact data yet, but I was surprised that I didn't get that much XP penalty for playing a quest with a character higher than the initial/normal difficulty setting - simply because I had played it with a higher difficulty setting applied to it, and the quest log really said it (the quest) had a higher level now ! I was surprised.

I'm not deep enough into the game system to really be able to prove it, but my suspicion now is that the game really lists quests with a higher difficulty as having a higher level, too. Thus giving no more much XP penalty. Or perhaps even none at all.

Is anyone here able to confirm this ?

You are correct, except it's one level per tier.
Normal quest = lvl x
Hard quest = lvl x+1
elite quest = lvl x+2

Had to do a quick check with DDOWiki. Sharn is level 4, so it would have to go first since some of us are already holding level 6. 3Barrel and Carnival are both level 5 so the order would be unimportant. My thought is that there'd be more XP available from 3B because of the outdoor section, so doing that first might push us past Carnival.

The other pack I didn't mention was your favorite, Az—Delera. That runs from 5-7, so theoretically we should be throwing that into the mix as well. My thought is that we should all have our Voices from the previous life (excepting the 2 first-lifers in the crew, 3 if Alrik plays) and we've run that series to death, so I'd put it on the skip list unless we need XP. My experience so far has been that the 2nd lifers are having no problem outlevelling the usual content due to our elite streak.

I'm not intending to screw over the 1st lifers. JM and I both have lvl5 TRs seperate from the group that would be available to help the 1st lifers pick up their Siver Flame Amulet and Voice. I'd just like to see the group focus on content where JM remembers less than 95% of every trap location in the quest. ;)

For some reason, I was thinking 3 Barrel was level 3, and Carnival was 6. :p So Sharn would be first then, and as Corwin said, can be done in about 30 mins, 15 of which are beating on a stupid rock in one quest.

We can be 2 levels above the normal level of the quest and still keep the streak alive, so we can be 6 for Sharn and 7 for Carnival/3BC and Delera's part1.

We only have me and Alrik running 1st lifers, assuming Alrik runs. Everyone else has TRed.

You will only find content that JM doesn't remember 95% of the trap locations out in Eveningstar and beyond, and maybe Shavarath. Anything on Eberron, she's got it down. ;)

I thought Trevor was running a 1st lifer with us.

Back
Top Bottom