Baldur's Gate 3 - Release Time Unlock

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PC Gamer has reported on when you can expect Baldur's Gate 3 to unlock.

Larian has confirmed on Twitter that Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access will go live on Tuesday, October 6 at 10 AM PDT on Steam, GOG, and Google Stadia. As a last-minute surprise, Larian also confirmed that the Steam Mac version will be dropping at the same time. Here's that time converted to a few other regions:

• Pacific Daylight Time (US) - 10/6 at 10:00 AM
  • Eastern Daylight Time (US) - 10/6 at 1:00 PM
  • British Summer Time (UK) - 10/6 at 6:00 PM
  • Australian Standard Time (AUS) - 10/7 at 4:00 AM
Here's a countdown timer that shows when that is in your local timezone.

[...]
More information.

Nice for you to list the exact time at which I'll vanish until the game's actual release. I'll miss you too. :(

Hype train bitch please. I'm with Nereida.:p

I don't want to see spoilers for the next 1-2 years. I'll still post the news but I wont watch the countless videos bound to be released. I'm grateful to all the bug testers.

I just recently found out it will be in early access for a year…(*groan)…not gonna buy it until its a finished product. And yea, I was very excited and really liked what I was seeing, but this early access news was a punch to the gut.

Hype train bitch please. I'm with Nereida.:p

I don't want to see spoilers for the next 1-2 years. I'll still post the news but I wont watch the countless videos bound to be released. I'm grateful to all the bug testers.

I promise that I won't spoil anything but I will let you know if the game is any good ;)

I'm a bit surprised at the EA's being already full price, that's a bold and not very friendly move.

I was initially planning on getting really involved in testing and reporting bugs, but in those conditions I'll probably be more casual about it, and wait until it's finished to really play and enjoy the full experience.

An early access or beta/… experience is interesting, just different, and more time-consumming. And once it's finished, I doubt I'd replay the game once again after so much time already spent on it.

Also just for the principle, I'm not sure I want to encourage that type of strategy.

Still excited about it, though :p Let's just be curious and casual, and switch to Solasta when it's EA a few days later.

Last edited:
I'm fine with early access being priced as full release, since that way you'll probably going to get people who actually want to try out stuff and help devs instead of it being just a discount which people would buy and not play it until it's released. At least I think that's the reason for it :D

I'm fine with early access being priced as full release, since that way you'll probably going to get people who actually want to try out stuff and help devs instead of it being just a discount which people would buy and not play it until it's released. At least I think that's the reason for it :D

I think the reason is mostly that Larian knows they don't need to lock in preorders for such a hype product, it'll sell on its own. Also the production cost of the game is probably sky high and they want to get as much revenue as possible.

Same as CP2077 for example, people have been paying full release price since over a year ago, no discounts as far as I'm aware, because it's a big IP that will sell well, and because they need to cover production costs and they have estimated that they won't lose any substantial sales by not giving a preorder discount. Only in that case there wasn't even EA, you'll just play it whenever they're done delaying it.

Its the usual steam release hour; anyway wont buy it now, never buy early access, but ill try it a bit.

The chance I won't buy this is 0%.
The chance I'll actually play it in EA is 0%.
But the chance that there will be a discount somewhen is >0%.
So it wouldn't make sense to buy it now.
Hm… unless… I could just try the character generation in EA.

Darn!

You know whats funny years ago developers actually hired, and paid gamers to test out games. Basically QA Testers. I did it for a summer job to make some cash.

Now they found a way to make gamers pay for that privilege not them.:p

Is it confirmed that it will be in EA for a year?

Not a hard confirmation, but Swen has said repeatedly that it will be a long road to 1.0. It could be anything between 6 months and 3 years, I think it's optimistic to expect the actual release before 2021 Christmas though.

Buying a game in EA in nothing like beta testing. ( unless you want it to be.)

My nephew is a beta tester. They pay him peanuts to play the same areas over and over and trying to break stuff. It’s nothing like actually playing a game.

I’m buying EA because it’s a game I’m buying anyway and I want to try out builds and see how game mechanics work and basically just try it out. If it’s bug ridden or becomes a chore to play I’ll shelve it and wait for it to be in a better state. I’m guessing most people will approach it this way.

I think the whole “paying to be a beta tester gets overblown. You only have to beta test if you want to. I played Blackguards EA and never ran in to a bug. Had to play it in episodes but it was bug free and quite enjoyable. Played through it twice.

You will have some that will actually beta test it and get as involved as they can in the development but they’ll do it because they enjoy that type of thing.

I think the bigger problem is you will have others that will buy it expecting a polished product and they will bitch about it on the internet and less informed people may believe them.

Heh, it's just like I used to hate Steam and think it to be the cancer of gaming. While my opinion hasn't necessarily changed a lot, my Steam library sits at 701 games, and I've come to see ho convenient is to have all games nicely sorted in a single library, and all saves preserved even when I uninstall the game or format my computer, and even your friend list to join games with at a single click distance. Now you can even share your library with friends and family.

In the end, new things will appear, some will resist change as certain liberties are taken from us, but it'll become the norm and we'll have to accept it.

Back
Top Bottom