Starpoint Gemini Warlords - New DLC

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Starpoint Gemini Warlords DLC: Rise of Numibia is now available on Steam:

Rise of Numibia

A new threat emerges in the Gemini system. Numibian tribes, once great and ruthless, fell from power having suffered a crushing defeat in the Orion system. Now, they have returned to Gemini. With a new queen crowned, they are plotting to conquer the war-torn Gemini system.

Either play as the Numibians and conquer the Gemini system in a new scenario, or defend yourself against a Numibian invasion.

KEY FEATURES:

• Gemini map increased by 30% = more space to conquer
  • 1 new playable faction (Numibia) with new Headquarters
  • 3 new additional factions (Highland, Eastland, Tswana)
  • New scenarios – Conquest with Numibia, or Defense against the Numibian incursion
  • New ambassadors for the new factions
  • 7 brand new spaceship designs that include all ship classes (Bonas, Nhoma, Walvis, Okahara, Tantas, Koenos, Aranos)
  • 4 new planets (Kalahari, New Korkyra, Gladstone, Doma), plus a New Korkyra moon
  • New asteroid fields with stunning visual and gameplay additions
More information.

This is a pretty cool game. It's also 66% off at the moment.

There's not really any twitchy dogfighting, it's more about leading an army of ships. The trick is to level up your Boarding skill and grapple ships then capture them. :)

This game and Rebel Galaxy are great games. LGM is a great game developer that puts a lot of love into their games. I'm playing the base game now and love it :)

The game's also on GOG; though not on a bargain at the moment. But if you're patient (read: have the usual 100 game backlog) it eventually will be.

Is this much better than SG2? I tried that when it came out and it was ok but didn't hold my attention for very long. The universe did't feel very alive and the narrative elements were pretty minimal - it felt you you had to play primarily for the combat.

Back
Top Bottom