Pricewatch!

Agreed. I really enjoyed Pirates when it first came out, but when I tried to replay it a couple years ago, I didn't enjoy it nearly so much. Started off great, then got old very quickly.

fyi: there is a newer version in 2004 that I think most people refer to when they talk about playing the game.

That was the first time I played it, wonderful game :)

Are there any hidden RPG gems in the Steam Halloween sale?

Didn't see anything on my wishlist I really needed to get right now and most of the discounts seem to be not too deep. Guess the sales in the next two months will see deeper discounts.

The discount from now will also be in autumn/winter sale.

I wouldn't be so sure. Most prices may have the same discount but there are always exceptions to this rule.

Yeah, Vaporum is already on my wishlist, but I'm not really in the mood for a real-time blobber atm.

I think there will be more and deeper discounts in the winter sale. Will have a look at my wishlist again then.

Thanks Steven!

I have been looking at Depths of Peril for years now. Even though it is an ARPG I think I will have to give it a try. They have some interesting mechanics in there.

GOG has XCOM: Enemy Unknown complete pack for just $10. Hard West is just $3.

Both are part of their Halloween sale so I wouldn't expect them to be at that price much longer.

Hard West is a pretty amazing game. Its dark and less than subtle after a bit. I think it would be rated higher on review sites if it was real time.

The narration in the game gives it a real RPG feel. You play your game out as a story in past tense. Its a neat technique.

I glanced at the user reviews (of hard west) over at gog and it is hard to get excited. The reviews are all over the place though. Some think it is a rough gem, others really really disliked it.

I glanced at the user reviews (of hard west) over at gog and it is hard to get excited. The reviews are all over the place though. Some think it is a rough gem, others really really disliked it.

Probably because it is a rough gem.
The turn based combat is very innovative and well done, but with some strangeness to it.
The story is very dark so not for everyone. The rest of the gameplay is essentially a Choose your own adventure type game mixed some strategy.

It makes sense for reviews to be all over the place.

I would certainly recommend it if it's on sale. It will certainly make for an interesting take on the gameplay which you may not have seen before.

hard west had a nice idea, execution was meh; game is structured in scenarios where you play with different chars, which totally kills the atmosphere

I found Hard West to be really good, backed the kick starter and really enjoyed the game when I first played it. I'm probably due a replay soon, and I am also keeping an eye on Phantom Doctrine, which I believe is made by the same folks.

Back
Top Bottom