Fimbul - Interview @Gamingbolt

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The developers behind action adventure game Fimbul were interviewed by Gamingbolt.

What will the combat system be like in the game?

We want to keep the fighting as accurate as possible. For example, axes are good against shields, swords against flesh, shields are something you use up and throw away etc. There are a progression to the fighting system for both weapons, combos and special moves/abilities, which should keep the fun in fighting.

The player will be able to choose whether to fight with Axe, sword, spear, two weapons or with shield. Weapons will always be available on the battlefield.

As you progress through the game you will unlock special moves/abilities which will be available by filling the "Rage bar". These abilities can be either health, a heavy ground strike, a call for help (supporting Vikings) ect. Some of these abilities are linked to Kveldulvers past and the story.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Hmm! Really not sure about this one. Seems very low budget, which is not necessarily a bad thing but the gameplay mechanics (from what little I have seen) seem really uninspired, like something I would have played on a PS2. I hope to be proven wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I'm only asking this out of curiosity but as a site why are we covering action adventure games? For ex. PS4 exclusives like Bloodborne, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn or Days Gone have much more RPG elements than some of the games we covered here. Releasing on PC is the only criteria?

SHT 2D "art". The 3D map environments however are surprisingly good. Combat seems good. It doesn't evoke great enthusiasm and doesn't get me hyped, but who ever animated the combat and did the 3D environments, knows his job!!

Back
Top Bottom