Interesting links for gamers (Indie games, Abandonware, Mods)

Very good NWN 1 single player module:

Exile of the West (Bastard of Kosigan, episode 1)

Autor: Fabien Cerutti (translated by Ginni Swanton)

If you feel like it, check out www.amaranthia.com. I went there last night to have a look again after seeing this thread..They just released, today in fact, their new RPG: Aveyond 2 Ean's Quest. And there's also a free rpg there, Ahriman's Prophecy..Although admitedly I havent tried that one, but hey its free, its indie and the price for the other games isnt too steep :p. So there you go.

Must play SP-NWN 1- mod:

Rose of Eternity 1 - The Coming

Rose Of Eternity 2 - Cry The Beloved

Website

Since the beginning of time, the Rose Of Eternity has been in the mystical Garden Of Roses, tended to by the Keeper Of The Rose. It is said that the Keeper Of The Rose has the most beautiful singing voice, rivaled by none. However, she does not sing for joy, but rather out of pain, for she is a prisoner in these gardens, forbidden to ever leave. Humanity is to blame for her misfortune, for as long as there is war and strife, she will be doomed to stay in the Garden Of Roses, and sing.
As she grows older, as petals fall off of the Rose Of Eternity, she continues to sing, in the hopes that mankind will change, but they do not. As she begins to become an old woman, people pure of heart are born into the world. These people have the opportunity to change things, but alas, they make the wrong decisions, and the Keeper Of The Rose is left to her prison.And her singing.
As the age ends, she is born anew into the world again, hoping that mankind will change their ways. She has been going through this cycle for 4000 years. Will she ever be freed from her prison? In this life cycle, 6 unknowing people will have the opportunity to make her wish come true...

Author: Challseus

Last edited:
Pity, I only play MP mods with NWN 1.

You are missing some good crpgs with your "only multiplayer" approach :)

I m sure I am, but the only time I boot up NWN is for my regular weekly session with the people from here. I have too many other newer games to play so I can't be bothered with SP mods anymore. I did play a few years ago and I've played tons of MP tolerant ones.

On the other hand, Dungeon Siege is for me a rather "MP-only" game. The SP-mode is soooo shallow ...

A very good SP rogue mod for NWN1:

Honor Among Thieves

Author: Baldecaran
Gameplay Length: 20-30 hours
For veterans: start with a level 1 character.

Another fine "low level" small mod:

Cave of Songs

Last edited:
We might add those 2 to our Team Corwin mod list if you recommend them!!

Hm. I just re-installed NWN just to try these out, and... well, the mod has me running around looking for some damn books, with precious little in the way of clues other than "look around town, people won't mind." Also there's a basement with a door that kills me, and a kitchen with a dire boar that also kills me. I'm still missing about three books.

Please tell me it gets better. Doesn't it?

Don't bother with the original OC. Its well documented from all coreners of Faerun to be a dud. I never looked at it as anything more than a sample mod as the prodcut was a Toolset first with a game slapped on because customers expected it. The henchmen were last week add ons. Bio really (initally) focussed this game on running small campaigns with a DM. The two expansion campaigns are supposed to be good and I'd recommend any of the Premium Mods that were released to the public for free.

But if you are going to play NWN SP then for goodness sakes play my mod:

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=5524

Any issues you have just contact me and I can straighten them out.

@Prime Junta
Yes it's getting better -> Return to Ravenloft is only the introduction to Ravenloft Beyond the Gate.

@Prime Junta
Yes it's getting better -> Return to Ravenloft is only the introduction to Ravenloft Beyond the Gate.

Cool ... I had almost forgotten I still had NWN installed on my Mac side ... downloading now :)

I have played through a lot of NWN1 modules last year and found a lot of good ones though the NW-Vault-toplist.
I have listed the best of these mods in this thread.

Hm. Do you suggest I drop RtR altogether and go straight to BtG?

No- RtR is so short and it's more fun to know the background story of the city and your henchmen.

Back
Top Bottom