FO: Other Fallout 76 impressions

Any other Fallout game

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
Since my wife surprised me with the game, this will be a thread for my (and maybe some other folks' impressions). I'm not really expecting much with this game, though I love exploration and survival stuff. However, I absolutely hate other people; especially in my games :D

Very first impression. It's downloading at around 11 1/2 MB per second. Flat out my pc will download at about 20 MB/second so this isn't bad considering the game just released and it's prime time for American downloaders right now.

The Bethesda.net 76 download page looks plain goofy. Oh well :(

Well, she knew I played everything else Bethesda so far...So I downloaded the game, roamed the vault and exited. Found a machete and a crashed vertibird. The game then dumped me to desktop a few seconds later.

It hasn't really grabbed me at all yet. It feels like Fallout 4 with everyone dead except a few monsters. This was enough for tonight. We're supposed to get half a foot of snow overnight. If that happens, I'll load it up tomorrow since work probably won't happen.

So your proclamation about not buying Full Price Bethesda games was false?
Fallout 4 was my last purchase of a Gamebryo game at full price. I'll wait till the rest hit the $19.99 pile before purchasing. Since Bethesda isn't making anything new, I don't see a reason to pay AAA development costs.
Technically your wife bought it so it's a loophole.:p

Last edited:
Just messin with ya a bit.:)

My son picked it up and is enjoying it quite a bit. He has several friends to play with though so I’m sure that makes it more fun for him.

I've played 2-3 hours and far better than I expected. As I don't gave any friends I’m soloing it to date.

I just bought it today after spending months deciding I wouldn't. :p

We should meet up and go for an explore! I'm also in Melbourne!

(Starting download soon)

Wife had a coupon for $30 off any game, so it wasn't horribly overpriced. We didn't get much snow 3" so I'm at work. I'll load it up for a few later tonight.

Not my impressions - but IMO the first minute kicks arse:

That's unacceptable. The general consensus around here is that you are not allowed to say anything positive about this game.
Believe me there are plenty of negative videos available to watch also.:biggrin:

That's unacceptable. The general consensus around here is that you are not allowed to say anything positive about this game.
From the video: "Fallout 76 is dogshit". Sounds good to me too.

So... basically this is all the annoying parts of Fallout 4 stuck in its own game. But not even as good as that.

Won't watch his video as I disliked him ever since his Destructoid days.

But he did. You missed the video I linked ages ago, when good old TB was still with us.

So, a thing that can change... Onions?! :D

Back
Top Bottom