Outward - Video Review

I've been checking some of the new "lets plays" and I've noticed a few of them skipping around editing out what I assume is walking.

Ofc when 50 of 60 minutes is walking around in an empty world.

It's funny, but back in ye days of old one of the biggest complaints about Icewind Dale was the lack of fast travel options that could leave you screens of travel to get back to a vendor to sell up a full inventory (and they had measly inventory space which was the same point made differently), and here we are in 2019 with practically every aspect of an RPG either altered or removed... except the tedious walking :D

It's funny, but back in ye days of old one of the biggest complaints about Icewind Dale was the lack of fast travel options that could leave you screens of travel to get back to a vendor to sell up a full inventory (and they had measly inventory space which was the same point made differently), and here we are in 2019 with practically every aspect of an RPG either altered or removed… except the tedious walking :D

Nope, the backpack mechanic has measly inventory space and some people are already complaining about it. Their sweet tears bring me joy. :D

Can you advance in solo play just as well or is the game designed for coop?

Tricky. Progression is not hindered by solo play. Coop,though, brings another perspectice on travelling and fighting, especially when on a voice channel. You can chat your way down and fight gets tactical options, even if limited.

and here we are in 2019 with practically every aspect of an RPG either altered or removed… except the tedious walking :D

Was not RPG supposed to be destroyed by survival, to which walking is tied in this product.

Streamers are a better source.

Generally no as they milk $ per minute thus deliberately stalling the game progress.

In this case however, stalling that'd suggest people not to buy would be a positive thing.

Streamers do not milk $ per minute and they have hundreds of products specifically designed to meet their needs to play.

And streamers had a positive effect for the sales of this product. They gave it coverage to boost demand.

And TW3 is based on historical Poland, that is why there can not be people of colour in it.Already stated many times how streamers make money. It has nothing to do with milking $ per minute.

Even if that was the case, streamers have no incentive dragging the same product, the offer of products designed for them is by the hundreds and growing by the day, helped by players like those on this site, who love made for streamer products.

TW3 is based on fantasy. That's why there are elves, dwarves and mutants (you're playing as one) in it.

TW3 was designed to be played and not streamed that's why Netflix is now making different The Witcher product designed to be streamed and not played.

Here's another cool review by someone on Steam:

Never left a review in my life but buy this game if you have that itch for a hardcore RPG I can almost promise you will not regret it. I haven't put it down since release at 65 hours in my character is just now getting pretty strong, halfway through second map, dabbled a bit in the third map and have been to the fourth map just to explore and buy crafting blueprints and skills in the capital. I've still got plenty to see. The game my not look like much from screenshots but it looks amazing, the lighting quality is very nice

There is no fast travel, no map with your location either, you must learn to navigate :). I've had to find my way home early on by the light from a lighthouse in the town I could see off in the distance because it was SO dark out and my lantern was out of fuel. I have crafted badass armor and weapons, I have found 2 unique weapons so far, I've been kidnapped and broken out of a fortress, I have had my♥♥♥♥♥kicked in an underground crypt, upon entering the surface winter had came and I was freezing from my plate armors lack of cold resistance, lucky I was able to find an occupied tower where i could warm up by a fire to continue on my journey. I've been inside of a huge magic mountain to unlock mana, I've had the option to help a skeleton find the rest of his body or smash his skull to unlock a magic gate. I helped him find his body :). (no deaths in this game, a random encounter happens when your health his 0) I've "died" and was rescued by a curious alien like creature hidden in a cave. I've met a race of giants and failed to recruit them. I have found mystical sand and petrified wood and had blacksmiths craft armor sets out of them. I've had ghosts send me running away after realizing my weapon didn't phase them, then I came back for them once I had weapons that could damage them. I've camped on a beach with a fire and tent made of huge tree leaves to wait for the tides to go down in a cave I needed to find someone in. I have had to walk all the way back to my first house to grab some ore to craft an axe that is VERY powerful - those ghosts that sent me running got a taste of their own medicine with that very axe, having to walk back home only made me appreciate it more

Seriously buy this game I know i'm leaving a lot out but if you thought even 2 of those things sound cool you there's a whole lot more for you to find on your own. These guys did an amazing job on this game

Last edited:
Fluent, when's the last time you changed your Outward Underoos? They gotta have skidmarks in them by now.

The last time you shot steroids into your shriveled balls, so probably 5 minutes ago. :)

Was that too harsh? I'm just fucking with you. But this is the reviews thread so I thought I'd post reviews I found interesting is all.

TW3 is based on fantasy. That's why there are elves, dwarves and mutants (you're playing as one) in it.

TW3 was designed to be played and not streamed that's why Netflix is now making different The Witcher product designed to be streamed and not played.

TW3 is based on historical Poland, that is why there are elves snf dwarves, which sre historically psrt of polish lore.

TW3 was designed to provide an empowerment feeling, thst id why it has a one button combat approach.

The last time you shot steroids into your shriveled balls, so probably 5 minutes ago. :)

Was that too harsh? I'm just fucking with you. But this is the reviews thread so I thought I'd post reviews I found interesting is all.

You've posted similar ultra-positive reviews 3 or 4 times now between different threads.

You get mad when people call you a fanboy, but maybe you should start to think about why they're doing it. We can see that you really like the game, and that's totally cool, but you've gotten to the point where you're basically shilling for it.

It's enough that you've posted about the game's good points multiple times. People here know how to seek out reviews if they need more of them.

You've posted a super positive review like 3 or 4 times now.

You get mad when people call you a fanboy, but maybe you should start to think about why they're doing it. We can see that you really like the game, but you've gotten to the point where you're basically shilling for it.

It's enough that you've posted about the game's good points multiple times. People here know how to seek out reviews if they need more of them.

First, I don't get mad when people call me a fanboy. Just because I curse at you back doesn't mean I'm mad. :)

Two, why do you feel the need to speak for other people on the forum? I'm sure they can handle without you watching their basic needs like where to find reviews. I posted reviews I felt I agreed with and were interesting and that's my right. If you don't like it I guess you can fuck off or ignore me.

The choice is yours and yours alone. Good luck...

I'm not trying to speak for other people, I'm just stating the obvious. Other members have already voiced similar complaints.

I thought maybe I could get you to see how you look from another POV, but your angry little reply tells me that was probably a waste of time.

At least try to be more honest. Why are you only posting the most positive reviews you can find? (rhetorical question). For every review like that there's one that's very much in the opposite direction. By posting only positive reviews, you're being extremely disingenuous.

I'm not trying to speak for other people, I'm just stating the obvious. Other members have already voiced similar complaints.

I thought maybe I could get you to see how you look from another POV, but your angry little reply tells me that was probably a waste of time.

At least try to be more honest. Why are you only posting the most positive reviews you can find? (rhetorical question). For every review like that there's one that's very much in the opposite direction. By posting only positive reviews, you're being extremely disingenuous.

Bruh, how many times do I have to repeat myself. Go read why I posted the reviews I did, I already said it.

Also, you're wrong. For every 1 positive review on Steam you can find approximately 0.25 reviews in the opposite direction, because the game has a rating of 75% Positive.

Why do you care why I posted them anyway? Are you the Forum Police. I already gave you your options, choose one.

Back
Top Bottom