Angelic - Announced

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Angelic is an upcoming narrative turn-based strategy RPG:

Angelic

Angelic is a single player narrative turn-based strategy RPG, set in a dark science fiction universe.

Angelic combines turn-based strategy combat with distinctive and colorful heroes you often see in narrative games. Angelic has an equal emphasis on storytelling and party-based RPG elements, all backed by a dark and compelling science-fiction setting in which you are often mesmerized by the complexity of the events happening around you.

In the 28th century, 200 years after the interhuman war between the corporations and neo-humans, long forgotten "angels" returned from deep space. The corporations dominated the Earth long ago and the neo-humans' arrival raised a red alert for them. Especially after they discovered there was a dreadful and hostile fungus spreading in their deep-space colonies, a plague that can infect any kind of living organism.

Get ready to join a massive conflict, where you will have to question the morality of humanity, and struggle to make the right decision most of the time.

• Gather your team of spectacular heroes, gain their love and respect, upgrade and customize them.
  • Immerse yourself into the deep lore and an epic story, experience unforgettable journeys with multi-layered, unique characters.
  • Command your one-of-a-kind spaceship and explore a dark and unforgiving universe.
  • Fight with your team to protect your allies, harass the interests of suppressive corporations and investigate the horrific infestation phenomena.
Evolve, adapt, advance... Love, hate, shun...

Exploit, aid, hide.

Take action, and rise!

• Half of your time will be roughly spent on battles, where you lead your team for hit&run missions based on Angelic's novel turn-based combat mechanics.
  • You will also command a one-of-a-kind spaceship, which is a home for you and your allies. You spend the other half of your time in your ship, and will be able to talk with your companions, customize and upgrade them. Additionally, you can make researches to upgrade your gear or ship, or to learn secrets of your enemies.
  • Universe of Angelic is quite a dark and unforgiving place. You may need to forge alliances with dark characters, or might be forced to make some painful decisions time to time. Your decisions might not make all your friends happy, and you will need to be extra careful to keep them motivated and loyal.
  • Your companions are all unique and colorful characters, and make no mistake, they are NOT your soldiers. Most of them are actually far more powerful than you, and each one of them have different motivations and goals. They might like you, hate you, or fall in love with you... Even if they love you, they may still leave you. Even if they hate you, they may still remain with you... Things are quite complicated and your job will not be easy as their leader to keep them in line. They have all unique abilities and powers, so it is best to convince them to stay with you; otherwise combats can become much more difficult for you.
  • Osiris, the ship you command, is a very special ghost ship which was engineered by Iset the Mother, a goddess and a legendary character. Its capabilities are beyond your comprehension, but you will be able to unlock its features and even customize it along the way!
  • And finally YOU, main hero of the game... You are also very special. You were a human pilot once, until you are killed by an archangel (a powerful neo-human) and then saved by Iset the Mother. Now you are a neo-human, but not just a regular one. You are a prototype, and only Iset knows your true potential. It will be up to you how you are going to evolve, but one thing is for sure. You will become the next archangel!
More information.

It could be good. Seems like a long way off though, but worth keeping an eye on at some point.

If I understand, they were close to launching the Kickstarter in October, got delayed, and announced end of January they'd postpone it to focus on a demo. Seems like they're having a very bumpy ride :-/

This is their Youtube channel, where you can find a few other video logs (and the trailer above).

I'm liking the sound of the premise for combat, doing hit and run/guerilla-type tactics. Also being science fiction helps, we've not enough of those these days.

Sounds very intriguing so going to keep an eye on it. Be nice to have another good SF game.

Doesn't look to bad I'll probably chip in when it's kickstarter goes live.

wolfgrimdark said:
Sounds very intriguing so going to keep an eye on it. Be nice to have another good SF game.

Intriguing :)
Here's the game homepage: https://angelicthegame.com/
And a little presentation video (from last Fall, actually).

It looks pretty well, I would say surprisingly well. And the lore could be interesting too.

But that combat presentation is a little hit and miss for me. Its not bad but I dont like the idea that its actually better if your units stay put on a pod because of some super abilities like "hovering above enemy and shooting from air while avoiding all risk (from melee)". It negates some of the tactical scope especially in sci-fi when your units are mostly using guns.

Curious. Sounds like this game is a long way off.

But that combat presentation is a little hit and miss for me. Its not bad but I dont like the idea that its actually better if your units stay put on a pod because of some super abilities like "hovering above enemy and shooting from air while avoiding all risk (from melee)". It negates some of the tactical scope especially in sci-fi when your units are mostly using guns.
Yes, I must admit the little combat demo wasn't entirely convincing, and the player's units seemed quite helpless. If I understand correctly, the pod thing is limited in time and doesn't allow any movement.

Balance isn't easy, the sort of feature that is WIP until the very end; it's an old video, too. I'd like to see more gameplay footage to get a better feeling of the game.

IThere's an upcoming Kickstarter, yet it's already announced on Steam, that's funny.
Not uncommon though. It's clear that the Kickstarter campaign is not for kickstarting the project but just another way to secure funds before release and to grow a community. Larian and others did it the same way.

I'm definitly interested.

We missed a few bits. There was an update 3 weeks ago, they seem close to finally launch their Kickstarter.

(link below in case you get the "video unavailable" message - jump at 3'25 to bypass the title animation)

A new trailer

And new gameplay video by Turn Based Lovers:

Last edited:
I like the premise of this game, but the combat looks a bit iffy. We'll see how it evolves through develoment.

Hm... I don't like the style. It feels too artificial and sterile.

I was going to write this off as another XCOM clone, but the base mechanics look different at least. I like how you can explore the base in third-person.

I was surprised to see this studio, Metaverse Game Studios, is located in St.Petersburg, Florida, or at least that's what their Linkedin page says. The guy's accent had me thinking Eastern Europe.

We Europeans love Florida! Even if we complain about being exiled here at times. =)

I also had no idea they were located in Florida, that's cool. And yeah I wouldn't write this off as simply an X-com ripoff, I think there's a bit more going on under the hood.

The combat is a little weird, as if they were trying to find their own original way. It looks to me like it still needs maturing so I'll wait before forging any opinion. Let's say I'm a bit skeptical atm.

I have to admit the last video from the devs is … long and a little tedious to watch.

Back
Top Bottom