BioWare - Dragon Age 3: Inquisition Revealed @ Bioware Blog

aries100

SasqWatch
Since we don't have a listing for DA3: Inquisition as of yet, I've filed this newsbit under Bioware. I think it is appropriate though, because Mark Darrah tells us about this news
at the Bioware blog.
After a rather lengthy introduction, talking about how long
he has worked at Bioware, he confirms this:
  • The next game will be called Dragon Age III: Inquisition.
  • We won´t be talking about the story of the game today. Though you can make some guesses from the title.
  • This game is being made by a lot of the same team that has been working on Dragon Age since Dragon Age: Origins. It´s composed of both experienced BioWare veterans and talented new developers.
  • We are working on a new engine which we believe will allow us to deliver a more expansive world, better visuals, more reactivity to player choices, and more customization. At PAX East, we talked about armour and followers… Yeah, that kind of customisation. We´ve started with Frostbite 2 from DICE as a foundation to accomplish this.
Link to Chris Priestly announcements on the BSN here.

Link to Upsettingshorts thread on Bioware using the Frostbite engine for DA3: Inquisition here.

Link to the general forum for DA3: Inquisition here.
More information.

Last edited by a moderator:
So they finally got tired of being screamed at because they were not releasing anything about DA3…

I knew they were not going to last long.

Wake me up when they start discussing something of interest.

Should be soon as the game is already two years in the making. I'm taking a wait and see approach. New engine and better development team make me interested.

Last edited:
I don't like to speculate but give every game a fair shot.

It only comes to preordering. And DA certainly won his right to be stricken of that list.

So we're supposed to trust EA Bioware to come back with a more hard-core Dragon Age 3 experience because they've been "listening to the fans" and have some old-school Bio-types on the development team? I don't see it happening, but hope they prove me wrong. I think Obsidian are more likely to develop the next, new RPG I enjoy.

One thing Bioware is failing with the DA series: stabilize it enough to developp the appeal of playing the same character over several episodes.

The one thing they managed with ME series...

New characters, new combat procedure etc... They are missing one of the few sure assets they managed to instill in ME series.

So we're supposed to trust EA Bioware to come back with a more hard-core Dragon Age 3 experience because they've been "listening to the fans" and have some old-school Bio-types on the development team? I don't see it happening, but hope they prove me wrong. I think Obsidian are more likely to develop the next, new RPG I enjoy.

It is the other way: Bioware trust enough of their fans to purchase blindly their next game.

It is the other way: Bioware trust enough of their fans to purchase blindly their next game.

As I said, I HOPE they come out with a new game that I'll enjoy. At one time, I was one of those fans who trusted that every new game that came from Bioware (with very few exceptions) was a game that I'd enjoy. Somehow along the way that flipped completely around. And I don't see any scenario, with Laidlaw as the design overlord and EA as the cash-giving over-overlord, that my opinion will change.

Plus, they did make a good chunk of change on DA2 and didn't spend near as much money on it's development as many of their other games. And, for those who put a stake in such things, the game came in with a Metacritic right around the 80 mark. All-told, EA must look upon DA2 as a rousing success.

I've come to the realization that EA Bioware just doesn't make games for people like me anymore, but there are plenty of others out there who do.

They have been listening to their "fans". This is why DA3 will have all humans companions romancable by both sexes, multiplayer and next next gen graphics...

The above is what a large part of the BSN "demographics" have been asking for (aka the vocal people).

and I might be exaggerating a bit but not by much.

I will not preorder this under any circumstances. I'll wait to see reviews from people I knoow and, if positive, I might pick it up 6 months later on sale. THAT is the effect DA2 had on me.

-Carn

also have zero interest in pre ordering. DA2 was in retrospect an abomination and not worthy of being called an RPG.

There was a time that all i needed to see was the name "Bioware" on the box, and i wouldn't hesitate to buy it. Not anymore.

EA suits wrecked this company.You cannot rush RPG's to be released each year like FIFA games..

Should be soon as the game is already two years in the making. I'm taking a wait and see approach.

Except it's not really going to be two years. It's been widely reported that Bio took the DA team to help SW:TOR for some time, and also reading glassdoor (you need a facebook account to sign in now so can't link) shows that Edmonton office has split into two teams, and I'm betting they're separate projects.

I never bought or played DA2 so DA3 is a wait and see.

There´s quite an outrageous amount of oldschool-y RPGs possibly coming out in 2013 (Kicksarters, Divnity: Original Sin, Age of Decadence, Chaos Chronicles),
one AAA take on party based iteration of the genre might spice it up nicely, if not fucked up like DA2. Or at least it could serve as an interesting comparison point.

Well, nice to see the recent Inquisitor rpg game has given Bioware some ideas, maybe they can emulate a lot more of that game with DA 3...lol. I know this project was probably named beforehand, just thought it was funny, this coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom