Legends of Dawn - Ready for Release

Doublepost sorry.
Driver update didn't help, but it did introduced an interesting piece of software called GeForce experience.
However, based on a suggestion from Steam forums, I've changed inside nVidia control panel Vertical Sync from "use 3d app setting" to "Adaptive VSync (half)". It works! Played at least an hour after that, no beeps from UPS!

This doesn't mean the game shouldn't have this issue fixed ASAP, but at least I can play without fear that my UPS will explode. ;)

Doing (silly fetch) quests, so far no obvious glitches but perhaps one. Killed many spiders but some "practice" quest where you need to kill a spider is still open. And I've definetly cleared the area pointed in the text from all spiders. Odd. A bug? We'll c.

WHAT??

You fixed a problem on you own that's the dev's job. You change the settings back now and wait for a proper patch.;)

Let me be the first to welcome you to PC gaming:lol:

Well, I love it. It's definitely rough around the edges, but the gameworld is massive and I don't mind games where it takes a long time to level up. Exploration is the major focus of this game and it rewards you well for wandering around everywhere. They need to seriously look at encumbrance, because 50 kg is the max at 18 strength, IIRC. It took me a while to figure out lockpicking. You do not place runes on the glowing icons, you make a path between them. It might take 6 or 7 runes to open a chest and there are 3 sets of runes to collect. That means that lockpicking runes will take up one of your 6 bags of inventory, all by themselves. Of course, they don't weigh anything so that helps. Also, another little tidbit is that you can have stacks of stuff, you just have to do it manually. Most things have a limit of 5/stack.

One other hint for those who are sticking with the game. The map screen will show coordinates, so it is a good idea to write those down for chests, dungeons, dwarven artifacts, etc, that you pass but don't have time or ability to enter/open. The game world is very large, so coordinates will help keep you organized. The world map is sadly mislabeled because you can only see a very small portion of the world map at any one time.

crpgnut, hey that's a good suggestion for devs to add in the game actually.
the log could save coords of unopened chests you clicked!

I will say that they're patching very frequently and I'll be sure to post when I think the game is in a stable and complete condition. I think it'll be a few months. There are several things that get broken as they fix something else.

watch it guys there is a bug that allows unlimited crafting...kind of game breaking.

Less then 24 hrs to buy the game at a discount

In order to unlock chests you get runes from loot and you drag the runes that match the ones that are glowing to unlock stuff. I haven't actually unlocked anything but have dragged over some matching runes and there is a sound. The problem with it though is that they glow too brightly so it is really hard to make out what rune it needs.

wrong ... you need to link them ... the type is the same as the indicator on top ... green, red, blue ...ect

Combat is awkward. It's very similar to a game like Neverwinter Night, where you actually hack away and you (and your opponent) hit or miss depending on rolls. In this game, you miss a lot. "FUN"

This is in no way even close to Neverwinter Nights (that is actually its correct name, not Night). For you to even compare this pos game with NWN makes me question if you even have played NWN to begin with. LoD is the biggest let down ever in game for me, they lied from day one and I'm at awe at the people on kickstarter who actually thank these guys.

Back
Top Bottom