Game Audio Contest 2007-02-24

Number 8 - Bladerunner?

Nope, but this time it's the correct genre.
Hint: the remaining CRPGs are No.s 1 and 9.

Okay, seems to be a bit... delicate :), so I'll give some more hints:

1: the second in a trilogy of CRPGs; I know of at least two people on these forums who love it. They must be the only ones ;).
2: While the franchise started on the C64 and soon spread across a variety of gaming platforms, two titles were limited to a certain console. This is from one of these exclusive titles. Jemy's list had one of the 'regulars'.
3: -
4: a console-exclusive title, unless you count emulators. This one sold extremely well.
5: Another well-selling title with a solid fan base, the first in a trilogy. Did not start a new sub-genre, but revived a much older one.
6: One of the top-rated games over at Home of the Undererdogs.
7: Multiple-platform action title. Had a sequel by a company that usually made CRPGs.
8: We already know it's an adventure. Jemy's list had a game by the same company.
9: Some say it's not a CRPG, some say it is... doesn't matter. Spawned a successor which was just as well-recieved, may get a younger sibling soon. First game featuring elevator music I ever played.
10: Another underdog - loved by the critics, spurned by the masses. A spin-off title from a franchise which originally copied better known mecha series.

1 - Lands of Lore 2 (Although I can only think of one perosn who likes it - ;) )
9 - System Shock

I think you MUST be correct Kendrik!!

7-mdk i gather? personally i've only played the sequel which was done by bioware

Yep, you're right: 1 = LoL 2, 7 = MDK, 9 = SS1
@Ken: the other one is Acleacius. So we *are* two! :p

Last edited:
6 - Dungeon Keeper?
8 - Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis?
10 - MissionForce: Cyberstorm?

Last edited:
10 is Cyberstorm, congrats! 6 and 8... nope, sorry.

2 - Super Turrican?
4 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time?
5 - Soul Reaver
8 - The Dig?

Super Turrican, Ocarina of Time and The Dig are correct :).

Hmm ok then

5 - Serious Sam: The First Encounter? (working purely on the clues now)
6 - I know I have actually heard this - Planescape Torment?

No, and no... hmmm...

Here's another set of clues:
- No. 5 is not a shooter, and No. 6 is not a CRPG.
- The protagonist of 5 loses an eye, and the protagonist of 6 ends in an asylum.
- 5 has hand-drawn cutscenes while the cutscenes of 6 are CGI with actors.
- 5 has an NPC known as Benny, 6 has an NPC known as Elias Camber. In both cases it's not the NPC's real name.

Easy-peasy! :)

5- of course thief!...all the sound effects make perfect sense now:)
on a side note i finally managed to find a copy of thief gold a month or two ago. gonna give the whole series a go through again hopefully sooner than later. thief 2x was great, hopefully someone makes a 3x...

ah ha and number 6 is Realms of the Haunting :idea:

Cor blimey I feel physically exhausted now - perhaps this became too much of an obsession :lol:

Yes, and yes! I couldn't neglect two of my all-time favorite games, could I? :)

Well, Shadows of the Metal Age killed my DVD Rom, so my memories aren't too favorable. Which has nothing to do with the mod's content, of course.

ok no gaming time for me the past 4 days. but i did get to go through lots of old games and some newer to come up with this. (and now i have more games i want to replay:)) mine is going to be all futuristic sci-fi games with one being more matrix sci-fi=present day but sci-fi themes. i didn't include some top games of mine either because games in the series were already mentioned (system shock, deus ex, fallout) and theres probably some console games from way back but they weren't all too memorable save the resident evils but those are unique avenue of sci-fi. one game i choose is ancient and a console game though. ok enjoy and let me know if i messed up with the uploading!
*note there are only 2 rpg's here and one of them is the the only song ever in a video game that gives me emotional chills everytime i here it. few songs retain that kind of potency!

http://rapidshare.com/files/17984702/curiousaudiocontest.zip.html

1) space colony - intro/title music - Jaz
2) zillion - intro/titlemusic - Kendrik
3) in game music
4) omikron: the nomad soul - music from intro video - Jaz
5) urban chaos - intro/title music - Kendrik
6) martian gothic - music from intro video - Jaz
7) alpha centauri - intro/title music - Arhu
8) intro/title music
9) music from intro video
10) anachronox - in game music - Jaz

Last edited:
Oh-oh, difficult...

3: It sounds like Greg lo Piccolo made it, but you said System Shock wasn't included... sounds quite familiar.
5: I know I heard it before, but I can't place it.
6: Martian Gothic
7: Little Big Adventure?
8: Dune 2000?

Last edited:
i'll give some hints in a bit later. but good job with #6. martian gothic when i played it a few years back took the crown away from resident evil 2 as my favourite survival horror. sure it has no slick cg scenes, but it has a good script, intense atmosphere, and excellent dialog/voice acting especially by the 'computer ai' whose name i forget. its a shame i can't get it to play anymore...

nice new icon Jaz, where is it from?

Back
Top Bottom