Mass Effect is Not Dead

I'm talking about development in the sense that any significant production has already started.

Still, I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying. My point is that anyone could throw together videos like that guy does and pretend it's news. :)

Well, we definitely agree that YT "personalities" with actual insight and something valuable to say are rare :)

To me, most of them seem to focus more on bringing attention to themselves than to contribute.

Which would seem to support the business model and how to attract the widest audience.

Well, there are never any guarentees, but this quote from Casey Hudson himself is pretty hard to take as anything but confirmation that ME is still alive:
I'm up to the challenge! ;)
"We hear loud and clear the interest in BioWare doing more Dragon Age and Mass Effect, so rest assured that we have some teams hidden away working on some secret stuff that I think you'll really like," writes Hudson in BioWare's Mid-Summer Update. "We're just not ready to talk about any of it for a little while…"
Could be they are working on M.E., could be they are working on D.A., could be they are working on both, but it could also be they are working on some new I.P. that will be seen as a successor to both.

It's outright herasy these days to start a new IP when you haven't milked your current IP dry plus one game to confirm that it really is dry but you could argue that Mass Effect did that. Dragon Age's last game was showing signs that people are done with that series, too.

Could be they are working on M.E., could be they are working on D.A., could be they are working on both, but it could also be they are working on some new I.P. that will be seen as a successor to both.

It's outright herasy these days to start a new IP when you haven't milked your current IP dry plus one game to confirm that it really is dry but you could argue that Mass Effect did that. Dragon Age's last game was showing signs that people are done with that series, too.

I think they'll eventually continue both series, but if I had to bet on one or the other it would definitely be Dragon Age.

The fact that they didn't release a single DLC for ME:A spoke volumes.

Back
Top Bottom