Morrowind - Overhaul Project Interview @ RPG Italia

I might try a compilation such as this one if it is painless to install (like Nehrim was). I would really like to give a modded MW a try once again, but I can't bring myself to invest the time to find, test and hunt down and remove the conflicts between the likely hundreds of mods I might want. I used to do this in my sleep (was a modder myself) but now, X years later... While I get somebody elses vision of an "ideal" mod here, hopefully I can just plug and play.

Wow is nice to see this here!
Thanks for the article :)

Kingpix

It's great that people devote their time to such causes as this one, but I really hope a native English speaker reads through the additional quests.

the guy in the interview is using words like "homogeneous" and "irons in the fire" in the fire. I think that's a good sign.

——-

ok, great, it looks gorgeous, but will all this fix the "boring" factor that's a killer in Morrowind?

"Boring factor" as in not as much Mass Effect or COD as you'd like? TES series is for people who enjoys exploring and think it's one of the more important aspects of RPG'ing, so if you dont care much for that then i dont think you will like it..

I'm busy with a heavily modded replay of Morrowind - and loving it! The game does chug at times on my machine (GTX480 + i7 :-/ ) - but I think that is also due to a plague of guars…I have some rather large guar herds (on the plains) and I know there's some issue with some of the creature mods that can cause such a problem. The instructions were a bit unclear - if you don't know mod terminology (like me).

I def recommend replaying a heavily modded Morrowind with MGE etc - I still love the alien nature of Morrowind (esp around Telvanni lands - which I am once again ruling ;-) I added the extra land of Tamriel Rebuilt this time, so very keen to explore that!

I think I will be using both of these compilations when they get released because I don't want to go through the trouble of doing my installation over again. I will be switching out MGE with Hrnchamd's version though so I get shadows.

Last edited:
My sister-in-law bought me Morrowind GotY edition two years ago (originally played it in 2003) but have yet to install it due to a slew of other RPGs, etc. When this comes I'll certainly be installing Morrowind. Perhaps this is unknown as this time be a) will this be an executible and b) widescreen monitors okay for play?

My sister-in-law bought me Morrowind GotY edition two years ago (originally played it in 2003) but have yet to install it due to a slew of other RPGs, etc. When this comes I'll certainly be installing Morrowind. Perhaps this is unknown as this time be a) will this be an executible and b) widescreen monitors okay for play?

a) Yes
b) yes!

"Boring factor" as in not as much Mass Effect or COD as you'd like? TES series is for people who enjoys exploring and think it's one of the more important aspects of RPG'ing, so if you dont care much for that then i dont think you will like it..

boring as in completely lacks focus. Games like BG2, Arcanum, have plenty to explore yet are enjoyable because they give the player actual motivation. I wanted to like Morrowind but just couldn't. It would have been much better as a multiplayer game.

I've never played Mass Effect or Call of Duty. Thanks for knowing me so well. Sorry I rained on your parade.

exactly.

I wish the devs on this project well. I'm definitely not looking to bad mouth them and their incredible work. I'll be trying this out when its finished.

Thank you KINGPIX, installed it yesterday already and its amazing :)
Now I'm just waiting for the others to be released before I continue ;)

Any idea in the meantime when the next will be released?

Back
Top Bottom