Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Gaichu Mission Unlocked

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Another update for Shadowrun: Hong Kong was released, and this time the developer shares news the game has meet another stretch goal. Here are the details

Our favorite (former) Red Samurai/Ghoul's personal side mission = UNLOCKED! Thanks so much for the opportunity to make it.

In case you were wondering about Wu and Racter's personal side missions, we assure you that there's a plan. At the basic level, their stories will be part of shadowruns we've already planned (similar to how Dietrich's background was tied into the Humanis run in DF). But, of course, there's more to it than that... aaaaand that's all we're gonna tell you. :D

Just rest assured, we're not going to create two cool characters like these and not give you the chance to find out what makes them tick! We're confident that when you experience the story, they'll feel fully fleshed out like the rest of your crew.

And now that you've succeeded in unlocking Gaichu's personal mission, it's on to THE MATRIX!

The Shadowrun Returns team nearly killed themselves to get our original Matrix art and gameplay in the game and we're still extremely proud of that effort. But just like Thorin and Company, we ache to return again and make things right.

More information.

Their funding is still increasing at a pretty good clip. They're even getting quite a few backers at the higher contribution levels; 24 at $1,000+.

Yeah doing pretty well. They got a little boost after a shoutout from the Exploding Kittens card game Kickstarter. Don't see the appeal of that card game at all and have no idea why it is such a huge success (apparently it's because the creator of "The Oatmeal" is involved)… But anyway glad it helped Shadowrun.

I'm predicting this KS will end with at least $1 million and possibly as much as $1.5 mill .. Which is pretty great. I'd like to see one or two more stretch goals (like stealth system maybe), but I appreciate very much that they're trying not to over-promise and just focus on making the game really solid.

Most people probably find EK cute, humorous, easy to pick up, and playable with the use of the most rudimentary logic. I'd imagine EK will be popular on family road trips, for example. It just has a much larger potential buying audience than Shadowrun. Kind of like sports games, in that sense.

Back
Top Bottom