BattleTech - Heavy Metal Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
An expansion for BattleTech has been announced which is called Heavy Metal.

On November 21st Heavy Metal will add tons of new gameplay options to the world of BATTLETECH, including eight new 'Mechs, one of which is designed exclusively for this expansion. https://store.steampowered.com/app/11...

Players can also look forward to eight new weapons systems to destroy their foes in unique ways, along with a brand new Flashpoint mini-campaign.

Key Features:
One Original and Seven Classic BattleMechs: Seven classic 'Mechs from BATTLETECH's 35-year legacy make their triumphant return along with the first completely new 'Mech designed exclusively for this expansion.
Each classic 'Mech comes with unique equipment that reflects the flavor and lore of the original board game.

Eight Game-changing New Weapon Systems:
Eight all-new weapon systems can be utilized to destroy even the most formidable opponents in a wide variety of unique ways. New Flashpoint Mini-Campaign: Come face-to-face with two legendary characters from BATTLETECH lore - the Bounty Hunter and the Black Widow of Wolf's Dragoons. A derelict cargo ship has drifted into the Periphery from deep space; what secrets does it contain, and who will ultimately control its mysterious payload?
More information.

And Patch 1.8 will bring the Warhammer and Marauder Mechs for free, as promised in the Kickstarter Campaign.

I hope for a Coop Mod for the Mercenary Campaign!

Still looking forward to playing this when its a real game.

Also: Official Mod Support! Finally!
Oh hope they put rogetech on the workshop so I can get it easily...
I am waiting for all the dlc to buy and then replay before going into rogue tech

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I'll be waiting for all the additional content to come out before I fully dive into this one. I'm aware that I may have quite the wait.

Heavy Metal is the last announced DLC. Not sure if there will be more. I would certainly welcome it, just so RogueTech modders have more to play with.

Heavy Metal is the last announced DLC. Not sure if there will be more. I would certainly welcome it, just so RogueTech modders have more to play with.

But it looks like this is just a bolt on, no additional story missions, or anything other than flashpoints? I was really hoping for something more for the story, or a smaller story. The flashpoints are okay, but I like story and not just a sandbox challange, I guess.

I should return to this game one day. But I modded it so hard, I am afraid I will need to start a new game. :)

"Supporting mods" could be anything from supporting big mods like RogueTech to just letting players use pictures of themselves as pilots. As far as I know, we haven't heard anything official on just what it means exactly.

But it looks like this is just a bolt on, no additional story missions, or anything other than flashpoints? I was really hoping for something more for the story, or a smaller story. The flashpoints are okay, but I like story and not just a sandbox challange, I guess.

Apparently the new Flashpoints make one huge story arc similar to the vanilla campaign. They are used to introduce and justify all the new mechs and equips. We will have to see, but I'm content so far.

Apparently the new Flashpoints make one huge story arc similar to the vanilla campaign. They are used to introduce and justify all the new mechs and equips. We will have to see, but I'm content so far.

Oh, that does sound good then. Thanks for the info.

Oh, that does sound good then. Thanks for the info.

Yep, sounds good! I only hope they make new maps for the new flashpoints and don't reuse normal battlefield maps as per usual.

I only hope that the official mod support will unlock maps/terrain modding. I never understood why for example a base attack mission wouldn't use walls and other reinforcements for the target. I also miss the gate control and turret control buildings you can capture or destroy. It is possible, as seen in some of the campaign missions...

Back
Top Bottom