Things you don't need to know...

I never understood why people have problem with the dentist, I think it is a relaxing experience, usually they have a really comfy chair, there is some light buzz from some machine they are running, sometimes I almost fall asleep.

Perhaps I just had really good dentists ? I totally understand why someone would be scared to death if they had that dentist from hell.....

I never understood why people have problem with the dentist, I think it is a relaxing experience, usually they have a really comfy chair, there is some light buzz from some machine they are running, sometimes I almost fall asleep.

Perhaps I just had really good dentists ? I totally understand why someone would be scared to death if they had that dentist from hell…..

Liar? Freak? Trigeminal nerve dysfuncton? Anyhow, we don't want to talk to you!!! :)

pibbur who just told a lie (he actually likes talking to the lovely swede)

Last edited:
Teen Discovers Lost Maya City Using Ancient Star Maps:
http://gizmodo.com/teen-discovers-lost-maya-city-using-ancient-star-maps-1775735999

Based on popular history, Maya didn't use wheel and were sacrificing people and were whatever atrocious and imbecillic Apocalypto Mel Gibson material.

Now… How on Earth did they managed to "code" city positions then?
By sacrificing children to some god so they show them where to start a city next?

I always wondered why do we think that murders, sometimes mass murders we find traces of, are in science used to describe a whole nation. Should some future civilization a few thousands of years from now think humanity worshipped the statue of liberty and believed in space children when they discover Space Odyssey?

Teen Discovers Lost Maya City Using Ancient Star Maps:
http://gizmodo.com/teen-discovers-lost-maya-city-using-ancient-star-maps-1775735999

Based on popular history, Maya didn't use wheel and were sacrificing people and were whatever atrocious and imbecillic Apocalypto Mel Gibson material.

Now… How on Earth did they managed to "code" city positions then?
By sacrificing children to some god so they show them where to start a city next?

I always wondered why do we think that murders, sometimes mass murders we find traces of, are in science used to describe a whole nation. Should some future civilization a few thousands of years from now think humanity worshipped the statue of liberty and believed in space children when they discover Space Odyssey?

Amazing article (story). The problem is that Mayan Bizarre, a la Mel Gibson, garners more attention as compared to Mayan Scientific. The publicity aspect of bizaare vs beneficial is well understood not only by the movie industry, but sadly also by politicians who prefer distraction over the harder work of making things better. Sometimes I worry that future civilizations might properly judge us consistently with what we seem at times to deserve.

__

There is a GREAT web site about anything Maya and Mesomamerica : Mesoweb !

http://mesoweb.com/

The best thing is that you can freely download articles in PDF format there !

FYI: The Norwegian Broadcasting thingy is now showing the "Mamma Mia" movie.

Pibbur who thinks this is good, because the wife is watching, so he can do whatever he wants. Undisturbed.

Hmm… singing middle aged women or decapitating bandits. Hard choice.
Middle-aged women singing abba or massacring bandits and ghouls and mutants and mutant dogs and…and… Robots. Not that hard a choice.

pibbur who on the real life server is reasonably peaceful, and actually likes a few abba songs. Performed by abba, that is. Agarth...eh... Agnetha.......

Last edited:
As long as people come to the shows, they tend to go on and on and on. The Lion King has been running for almost 20 years (wife and I saw it a couple of years ago in London).

And let's not forget The Mousetrap, going strong since 1952.

pibbur who has seen the trap of mice twice, who knows who the murderer is, but won't tell. There's no butler in the show.

Last edited:
Besides, people come from "all over the world" to watch shows in London. I assume this applies to american shows as well. So the public, being international, is quite large.

pibbur who doesn't go to London for visiting theatres, but who recognizes that sometimes it makes sense to follow the wife.

Back
Top Bottom