Quantcast
RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - Isn't this wrong?! FULL of bugs!
View Single Post

October 23rd, 2006, 17:21
Originally Posted by x-dANGEr View Post
I'm just wondering.. Isn't it wrong from PB to release a game so buggy, so unstable in their first known world-wide franchise.. I bet a lot of people have tried it by now, and I'm sure their experience wasn't that good, as most of their impressions would be "obivilion-wannabe".
I see the major risk in damaged sales potential for a sequel. Happens all the time: Game A is good but buggy and sells well. Game A+1 is way better and stable but doesnŽt sell because part one scared the customers away.

So, I wonder, how much would it have costed PB (Or JowooD for that case) to wait one more month, and ensure that the users really appriciate what they bought, not get his save games gone due to some bugs/errors while he had wasted 20 hours on them, to eventually abandon it.
The game was beyond the point of no return. Delaying it anyway would have cost, among others:
- wages for PB
- wages for a few people at JoWooD, Deep Silver, Aspyr, Atari Nordic, etc.
- wages for the QA
- a lot of money to buy new ads
- a lot of money to buy shelf space
- maybe contractual penalties for pulling out of contracts (replication slot, special promos with retailers

I guess it would have been between 500k and 1M in the first (or last, as you see it) month and another ~150k EUR for the following month.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)