The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

This link have nothing to do with women, it just happen to be the most beautiful rendition of "Terra's Theme" from Final Fantasy 6 I ever heard. Almost enough to bring forth tears.

Nobuo Uematsu, Terra's Theme

Now, the next question is whether we should allow Jaz to enter those Japanese cross-dressers that she posted a while back.

Allow me to answer that question: "NO!"

Not even if they are redheads. :police:

Don't know if you remember the videos, but the one dude was prettier than almost all of the ladies we've posted here. I'm still not completely convinced the blue haired one is a guy. Judge for yourself:
(caution: weird-ass Jazzy tune ahead) ;)
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=N9wPK4GytLk

Last edited:
Oh, thanks for reminding me!
Mana-sama is a guy, sure, and he owns a quite successful fashion label. He rarely speaks because his voice is said to be quite masculine.
EDIT: and the other guys in this video are redheads. Go watch it, Jabber...:p

I'm not too fond of female singers unless where it's really hard to avoid them (like in operas), so I found it a bit difficult to come up with something here... but here's
Emilie Autumn - Shalott.
And another one (I think I posted this one before):
Emilie Autumn - Misery loves Company

Now let's get back to normal :p. I just rediscovered this CD, now I'm listening to it all the time: Rob Dougan - Furious Angels. I love the sound of Trip Hop in the morning.

Last edited:
Okay, I held out until the blue-haired dude showed up on the video, but then it was over for me. I dunno what to think about your musical tastes Jaz.... I dunno... :S:p

I'm actually surprised no-one mentioned the Bangles ... ;)

HiddenX did mention them. They're a little too mainstream for my (non-binding) vision of our contest. Besides, I never really got too enthused for Suzanna Hoffs like we were supposed to. I thought Michael and the Peterson sisters were all prettier and had better voices than Ms. Hoffs.

Personally, I didn't like the guitar-heavy songs of them too much, and I rather prefer the more ... poetical songs.

I can't check from work, but based solely on the band names, I think you've become Sammy's new best friend. ;)

Well at least you can get that far dte - at my job I can't even get on the watch at all. :(

I'm quite surprised at what isn't blocked here. We're looking at a change in ownership in the next couple months, so perhaps nobody under the current administration really cares. I'll have to learn to behave once we make the transition, cuz I'm spending FAR too much time on the internet at work...

You can find xSamhainx's posts all thru this thread if you'd like to check. Or, you could cut to the chase and look for Battlelore. I'm guessing (and it's purely a guess, and possibly dead wrong) that your groups and Battlelore have a lot in common.

yeah, im big on fantasy/battle metal. Battlelore is one of my favorites, you really need to check them out if your interested in Tolkien-themed metal w/ male and female vocals, theyre great. Another old standby is Bal Sagoth. A lot of spoken word passages and thunderous proclamations, keyboards, blast beats - love it!

A Tale from the Deep Woods

Draconis Albionesis

Check out any of Bal Sagoth's stuff, you wont be disappointed!

They kinda went cosmic on one of their cd's (the power cosmic), songs all about cosmic beings and almost a warhammer 40k theme at times

Star Maps Of The Ancient Cosmographers

Youtube doesnt do them justice tho, sounds like it's being heard thru a wall!

I used to really like the black metal type stuff, not so much anymore. I do wish that Satyricon vid was uncensored tho!

Last edited:
Yea, now that Sammy is in love, this is more his speed. :rotfl:

i still do enjoy my metal, but i definitely have gone down some middle-age paths since ive been engaged.

We listen to John Denver at least once a weekend. The two-disc set!

Oh man, I think I still have many years to go before I turn into a wuss. ;)

I enjoyed Amon Amarth's latest album, Twilight of the Thunder God. I think it's a real throw-back to their old stuff. Again, YouTube puts the sound quality through the mangler, of course.

I know Bal-Sagoth, but only one album, and not that well. I know that they always had entire novels as CD booklets for their lyrics with entire stories told. :) I should probably check them out more.

Back
Top Bottom