Pricewatch!

Crusander Kings 2 is $10 at Gamefly today. Tempted, but there's the DLC and then it starts to add up…

CK2 on its own is well worth it, you don't need any DLC at all. The Sword of Islam expansion basically lets you play as the musulman countries with a different political system, but if you don't care about that, you won't be missing anything. Besides, there are very good player-made mods for CK2 (the Game of Thrones one is really really really really really good for example)

Knights of the Old Republic 2 is now available in Steam (hard to find digitally).
Awsome news!!!
Hard to find? It was impossible to find it digitally.

Also, all the Ultima titles are 50% off at GoG.
Seen it, but I'm still not buying Ultima Bugscension (9).

Why? I thought it was a pretty good game.
Same, but it was the first Ultima that I actually finished, so the glaring plot holes (which really is the main issue with the game. Patched it is quite playable, though hardly perfect) did not bother me back then. These days they most likely would though.

Be Mine 4 has been released. http://groupees.com/bm4 This one contains:
Zero Gear: Cart racing game
Guns of Icarus: Turret game, but a slightly more involved one than most. Fun, but short
Metal Drift: Futuristic arcade racer
Laxius Force: JRPG
Revelations 2012: Probably the worst commercially released game since Stalin vs. Martians (according to what I've heard). Might actually be worse, as it lacks dancing Stalin.

Pay more than $5 and get a beta key for Guns of Icarus Online.

Ultima IX is on GOG now? I'm surprised there hasn't been a newsbit here.

I'll get it for sure even though I still have an original boxed copy. I never finished it, but I found it enjoyable enough. Always meant to go back to it…

And heads with no backspine, so wobbly as they are !

I think that this is a very cynical view on it.

I think that TW has a very interesting environment, and it's a free open world - and it shows that this game is only the second attempt of doing an RPG for a dev studio mainly doing RTS in the past - but I liked it.

What I couldn't stand at all is those wobbly heads. It still gives me the shivers. The figures seem to have no backspine at all. The "wobbly" head movemernt would fit to undead ones very well, but not to living NPCs.

I think that this is a very cynical view on it.

I think that TW has a very interesting environment, and it's a free open world - and it shows that this game is only the second attempt of doing an RPG for a dev studio mainly doing RTS in the past - but I liked it.

Hey, I'm a cynical guy. :biggrin:

It's not a bad game, and what I played of the second one was better, but they're a bit too… gamey to draw me in.

Hm, okay. To me, it was first and foremost very different.

I'd post a new topic about it, asking for impressions. More people will see your question if it's in a seperate post instead of buried in a 123 page thread :D

I suggest grabbing three Runaway adventures and Ceville. All four are full of humor and puzzles are not unbelievably hard like in Voyage nor you have to try all possible 874563874235343 combination to solve something because there are no hints like in Nancy Drew. Others on the today's list are… Well… Can't say but for half of those I've never heard before. I mean… Barrow Hill… Where did that one come from? Still I'm not buying, those screenshots don't look very promising. ;)

Besides the 4 good ones mentioned from the list I have Yesterday and The Next Big Thing and honestly both felt too short so can't suggest buying them unless they drop the price under 10€. Also I have first Adam's Venture and it's so boring I didn't want to buy sequels. Feel free to buy that one on your own risk.

In any case I'll check the list daily, maybe there is a hidden gem on the sale I don't have yet.
Thanks JDR!

Back
Top Bottom