Most anticipated 2015?

Gaxkang

Sentinel
Fellow Watchers, what are your top 3 most anticipated mainstream (ie non kickstarter/indie/remake) PC (ie available on pc, not pc exclusive) games of 2015?

Please exclude
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Tides of Numenera
  • Witcher 3
  • Cyberpunk 2077

Otherwise I suspect 90% of answers would be just a reordering of the above. Does not need to have any RPG elements.

I'm just investigating a load of trailer hype atm, so will post my own list in a little while. But wow are the picking not looking too rich at the moment...

Legend of Zelda and Xenoblade Chronicles X. Which is a pain, because I don't really want a Wii U. If it's an Ocarina standard of Zelda though, it'll probably have to be done.

EDIT: Doh! Failed to read the question. PC mainstream minus the ones you mentioned - nothing leaps to mind for next year.

Last edited:
Age of Decadence. Oh, non indie?

Then, eh... nothing comes to mind. You're already cutting out some games by excluding KS and indie ones, remember this is a niche website about RPGs. :)

Fellow Watchers, what are your top 3 most anticipated mainstream (ie non kickstarter/indie/remake) PC (ie available on pc, not pc exclusive) games of 2015?

Please exclude
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Tides of Numenera
  • Witcher 3
  • Cyberpunk 2077

If you exclude kickstarter, indie and CDPR games there is nothing I really care about in next year.

Age of Decadence. Oh, non indie?

Then, eh… nothing comes to mind. You're already cutting out some games by excluding KS and indie ones, remember this is a niche website about RPGs. :)

No I do realize ofc, it's just that I was about to upgrade my pc as a routine thing, and then thought .... actually, why? There is nothing on the horizon that seems to be ... fun. So is it worth $3,000 just to get the Witcher 3, and if it's like Witcher 2 I won't get more than 15FPS until 2017 PCs start going into production.

Cyberpunk will not get released in 2015 so why exclude or even mention it?

But okay, except the 4 on your list, except already mentioned Star Citizen, I want to put my hands also on:
- Fallout 4
- Mass Effect 4

- Fallout 4

If it comes out, which is unlikely I guess, it is my choice as well. Apart from that I am only looking forward to games that are excluded by the topic starter. That wont stop me from mentioning them in order of anticipation however: Mount and Blade 2... and perhaps Age of Decadence, Witcher 3, Pillars of Eternity

I wouldn't seriously expect Star Citizen next year or more precisely the core gameplay (though it's hard to tell with the MEGA feature creep what the core features are anymore) in 2015.
OK. The FPS module should be out in spring and then the social module and planetside will probably be coming later in the year but whether the first episode (about ten missions) of Squadron 42 will really make it towards the end of next year as planned? Hmmm... very doubtful, given all the delays so far.
As for the MMO/PU part of SC, that is definitely 2016 or beyond.

Anyone looking forward to Total War Atilla or SW Battlefront?

It would be Fallout 4 -- if I believed it would really happen.

Possibly Hellraid and Homefront: The Revolution, ... at least until I find out more. The Order: 1886 sounds intriguing, but it's only out on PS4. No absolute have-to-have games on the horizon. Another turn-based isometric cRPG would be nice.

Sorry, got to mention the big ones —

Tides of Numenera - huge anticipation for this one, but I doubt it will make it next year. I'm thinking 2016 will end up being the release.

Witcher 3 - wow, this could be a landmark game in the rpg genre if it lives up to all the hype. Maybe the same impact as Baldur's Gate had back in the day, but that is a big "IF". It could be just a lot of hot air, we will see.

And there have been rumors of a new Elder Scrolls game, I would be very intrigued about that. I hope they get out of that frozen icy setting, though. Not a fan. I would like to see a different environmental setting. Who knows if these rumors are true, though.

Or a Fallout 4, that sounds interesting too.

Honestly, not a whole lot of games next year I am looking at, at this point. I have plenty of games to keep me busy, lol. Like Wasteland 2 and Divinity: Original sin. (and I still haven't finished Gothic 2, if you can believe it)

Witcher 3. Maybe Tides of Numenera. Elite Dangerous is actually out in a couple of weeks but I really doubt I'll buy it until next year. Oh, and No Man's Sky. I don't know if it will be fun or not but I think it will be worth it just to see how the concept plays out.

The big thing isn't going to be software, though. The Rift is going to be as big as the 3D graphics cards were back in the day. We start a new ERA when that thing comes out! I just hope my old eyes can see screens that close to my face.

P.S. Oh, and I forgot Gal Civ 3!

Elite Dangerous is actually out in a couple of weeks but I really doubt I'll buy it until next year.

I'm a KS backer for ED and have played a little of the premium beta and now quite a bit more of the current gamma (release candidate). Delaying your purchase until next year seems like a good choice. ED needs quite a bit of work before it is really "finished".

I don't necessarily mean bugs. The game is mostly stable and there are a few irritating bugs but the main issues are elsewhere.
For example, there is only a combat tutorial up to now but no (official) info on trading, bounty hunting or exploration. In addition to that, there are some really mind boggling omissions in many basic gameplay areas like travel etc.
Example: You can't really plan any routes as of yet. You pretty much have to jump from system to system and go from there.

The learning curve is very steep due to a complete lack of introduction to anything. You have to do a lot of research just reading the official forums or watching some YT clips. In a perverted old school sense, this is actually kind of fun and rewarding at times when you figure out how the game works but then again what would have been wrong with a tutorial or two... or ten, eh?
It's also pretty frustrating sometimes when you want to do something but can't figure out how, or you can actually do it, but it's really awkward and complicated, and then you check on the forums for an easier way because you are sure you are missing the forest for the trees.... only to find out that you were in fact not missing anything but you stumbled into another unfinished area of the game.

Don't get me wrong. I believe that FD have managed to put together an excellent basis to work from. ED has tons of potential. But they really need to shift into high gear and add some much needed information/tutorials to the game in addition to a ton of usability/ease of use features.
And then focus on adding content. I'm not sure the planetary module (exiting your ship and walking around in stations etc.) should be a priority. It would be much wiser IMHO to focus on making the space game the most fun it can be first and foremost. The big systems are bounty hunting, smuggling, trading, mining and exploration. They should fill those systems with as much life as possible to keep people busy and playing.

Should be interesting to see which direction ED is heading next year. Good call on waiting for sure. I'd recommend to check out the ED forums from time to time to see where the game stands.
As for the game itself, my general recommendation is: Only buy this now (December 16th) if you are a core space sim fan or so starved for a decent space sim that you don't mind an excessive learning curve from setting up your controls to figuring out how basic stuff is working. It is quite rewarding when you get to play it as intended but there will be lots of sighing and cursing involved at how much easier all of that stuff could be with at least some basic pointers or tutorials.

Back
Top Bottom