The Raventhal (Android version) Beta Testing

slowdive

Watcher
I ported the IceBlink Engine to Android and converted Pongo's module The Raventhal for the first module release. It will be completely FREE with no ads or in-app purchase stuff.

What is IceBlink? The IceBlink Engine is a mix of Gold Box (combat system) and IE/NWN (conversation system) and includes a nwn-esque toolset for building your own adventures.

If you would like to help with beta testing The Raventhal (version 0.91), please visit our forums and download the apk to try it out:

The Raventhal (android) Beta Testing Thread

It is a signed apk, but your device may not allow (by default) apks from non-google play store locations…just change that setting in your settings or security panel.

It would be great to have this tested on various Android devices (phones and tablets). If you do download, please take the time to send me some feedback (PM, email, post here or on the IceBlink Forums, etc.). The game is not feature complete yet and still needs more tutorial type stuff, journal entries, replace placeholder artwork, etc. I hope to have version 1.00 posted on Google Play in a few weeks.

some screenshots:
file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

Thanks for posting this, Slowdive!

If any Watchers have downloaded the Raventhal, it would be great to have some feedback - either on the module content, the engine, or the conversion to Android. It will help make the next module better.

Its a free download from Google Play, where its getting some good reviews at the minute - generally people seem quite happy with it, although "more content" is a common request!

Personally I think Slowdive has done a great job on the Android conversion - its difficult to imagine a turn-based party rpg on touchscreen phone, but it works really well on my HTC one. I'm sure there's ways it can be better though, so do let us know what you think.

I just downloaded it. I'll try to get a chance to look at it this weekend.

I played it and finished it. It only took me a few hours but it was pretty challenging and had a good story. As usual I didn't like the C&C.

Figuring out some of the controls wasn't that intuitive. Could you only play as a fighter? It seemed to me it was stuck there but I haven't replayed it to see if I could figure out how to chagne it.

Some of the avatars are screenshots from movies. I'd be careful with that because one complaint could get it taken off the Google store or anywhere else like Amazon for that matter.

The funniest part was I completed the game while I was dead.

All my sidekicks left me while I was bleeding. I manneged to get to the exit crawling I guess. ;)

Back
Top Bottom