Pricewatch!

Well, I only get stuff to read for flavor these days, so a lot of that's not really my thing. Chaosium is the main publisher for CoC stuff and the only one I'm really familiar with. I'd suggest going with the core CoC handbook. The rules are really simple, so most of the book is about background and flavor. Maybe pick up some of the period sourcebooks (Dark Ages, Invictus for Rome, Gaslight for Victorian Britain, etc.) if they float your boat. Dreamlands should be interesting, but I've still not picked it up.

Well, I only get stuff to read for flavor these days, so a lot of that's not really my thing. Chaosium is the main publisher for CoC stuff and the only one I'm really familiar with. I'd suggest going with the core CoC handbook. The rules are really simple, so most of the book is about background and flavor. Maybe pick up some of the period sourcebooks (Dark Ages, Invictus for Rome, Gaslight for Victorian Britain, etc.) if they float your boat. Dreamlands should be interesting, but I've still not picked it up.

Which book has the best lore compendium. Not really interested on rules.

Which book has the best lore compendium. Not really interested on rules.

I'd say the core book is probably the best. It covers all of the main Lovecraft stuff and stays closest to the source material. The others rely a bit more on later authors or were written by people who don't really get Lovecraftian horror (so less unspeakable forces beyond our understanding and more Skeletor scheming to escape and go to the mall). It's also easier to figure out how the period books fit in if you know the basics.

GamersGate is running summersale reloaded. So check if there's anything interesting, visit www.gamersgate.com

Humble Jumbo bundle; Pay What you Want - including:

Van Helsing (complete)
Deadlight
Galactic civilisations II (ultimate)

https://www.humblebundle.com/

There is more if you beat the average:

King of Fighters
Terraria
Crusader Kings II (+ 3 DLC)

Excellent deal for CK2 + Van Helsing not to mention GCII, which I already own.

EDIT: Bought it. Now I have a spare copy of GC Civ II and CK2 base game to gift. If you have a account, have a long standing account at the Watch with at least a few hundred posts, then PM me.

Last edited:
Speaking of Lovecraftian things, Eldritch is Steam's daily sale. It's a weird little game, sort of a Minecraft-looking roguelike where you explore creepy worlds and fight (or hide from) funky beasties. For £2 I heartily recommend it.

Steam also has a nice sale going right now on titles from 2K Games.

All of the Bioshock, XCOM, and Borderlands titles are 50%-80% off.

The current magazine "Computer Bild Spiele comes with THe Settlers 7 - but this game in an totally unaltered form ! Do not buy it ! It requires UPlay, and seemingly totally gone are the times when one could buy a game with this magazine and its DRM was completely removed ... Sad times indeed ...

The magazine also comes with Jack Keane 2, by the way.

You can play Dishonored or Borderlands 2 for FREE now until 1pm California time on Sunday. I'm pretty sure you could finish Dishonored in that much time!

Back
Top Bottom