The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - New Q&A Video

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
CD Projekt Red released a new Q&A video yesterday for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Will there be gnomes in the game?
Does the horse have its own inventory?
Are there NPC monsters that you can talk to?
How much coffee do you drink each day at CD PROJEKT RED?

These are just some of the many questions you’ve recently asked us. We picked 20 - the list was long and we couldn’t answer everything, but rest assured, the following months will bring you a lot of new information about the game.

Now, the time has come to bring you the answers! So sit back, relax, sip your favorite beverage, and enjoy our short Q&A session.
More information.

I'm kind of confused about their statement that the game will have meaningful choice and consequence, but there won't be branching storylines. So then what exactly are the consequences of our choices? Different item rewards? Or small consequences that have no direct impact on the main storyline? Is this what they mean? Because it kind of sounds to me like those are not meaningful consequences.

Anyone else getting that feeling?

Good questions, Danutz. I'm a little concerned that the first part of the question is shied away from in the beginning of the answer regarding choice and consequences. This notion of "we want players to experience the whole story" doesn't strike me as particularly consistent with the "choices and consequences as central theme" offered by the previous games.

The first game did very well at illustrating short-term player choices in its art driven cut scenes. I hope something like this will continue to play a role in the third game.
No branching story-lines is certainly a little disappointing if the answer to the question is taken to be true.
But perhaps this is merely a consequence in itself of the open world design and the sheer size and scope of the game, we'll just have to wait and see.

I also hope to see a more improved inventory system from W2 and especially want the alchemy system to be deeper and given a full overhaul. Another question I have which may or may not have already been covered is whether there is going to be any recognition of previous game choices as there were with the savegames from the first to the second? (Edit: Hmm. This has been confirmed? Most excellent! Ahh, Good ol' CDP ;)

Last edited:
But perhaps this is merely a consequence in itself of the open world design and the sheer size and scope of the game, we'll just have to wait and see.

That's what I'm thinking as well. I don't expect any kind of C&C near the same level as what we had in TW2. I don't see how it could be feasible in a game this size.

Another question I have which may or may not have already been covered is whether there is going to be any recognition of previous game choices as there were with the savegames from the first to the second? At this point, I doubt it.

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm not sure if we're even going to be able to import saves into TW3. Unless that's been talked about and I simply missed it.

I recently heard that there might not be any save importing for Dragon Age: Inquisition due to the new engine and next generation consoles. I guess Bioware is creating some kind of web-based program that players will use to specify what happened prior to the events of DA:I and then download it into their game. Disappointing for sure. :-/

It's confirmed that TW3 is gonna have 3 epilogues and 36 different endings, so how could it be possible that the game can't be even on a par with TW2 in terms of C&C?
I think they're talking about the major choice you could make at the end of chapter 1 in TW2 and apparently, we're not gonna see the same thing in TW3.

They are clearly talking about the Roche - Iorveth split in TW2.

Good to hear they are going with a grid based inventory.

I'm kind of confused about their statement that the game will have meaningful choice and consequence, but there won't be branching storylines. So then what exactly are the consequences of our choices? Different item rewards? Or small consequences that have no direct impact on the main storyline? Is this what they mean? Because it kind of sounds to me like those are not meaningful consequences.

Anyone else getting that feeling?

What they mean is that there will not be a choice that would preclude you from visiting major locations in the game and made 40% of the game completely different. That's all.
Of course the choices will have meaningful consequences that will effect the world and ending.

Back
Top Bottom