Wolfenstein: New Collossus

Is that right?
A game shorter than Mars War Logs. Probably less fun too. :D

It does not take into account the difficulty level. And this without the NG+ stuff.

I don't care about NG+. That's some consoley bullshit excuse to keep people playing grinding a game over and over because of no content variety.

The highest difficulty level is already enough.

Beside, grinding usually involves easiness: grinding is a low risk rewarding activity.

The last AC is closer to grinding, players move without being hindered and are rewarded.

I don't know who's grinding in the last AC game but that one should check their head at shrinks.
If you mean streamers, of course they grind - they have to stall the game progress as much as possible so they earn more $ on unsuspecting victims.

But anyway, streaming one's toilet use and playing a game are two completely opposite things.

Grinding comes from the vid product: when the vid product is a grinder, players grind.

The lack of hinderance in AC gets it closer to a grinder than WNO, which does not make progression that smooth.

I couldn't get through the intro - as I got a very strong feeling a dog was going to get hurt, and I just can't handle that :)

Dogs are my weak spot.

So what's the verdict on this? It currently has a meta-score of 87, but user-scores are much, much lower. Is anyone here currently playing?

I personally decided to give it a pass. I loved the first one but the mixed reviews citing excessive cinematics and politicizing of the story turned me away from this installment.

I just realized there's a Steam demo. Not sure how I missed that before.

I'll give it a shot later and let you know what I think.

Universally agreed on except by nazis (and more) Kind of universality that has been promoted for 200 + years by now.

Not so universal in the US either until Pearl Harbor forced the US to pick a side.

Well that was disappointing...

The demo is pathetically short. Just part of the prologue of the game, and I think it took me all of 30 minutes to finish.

It looks and feels identical to TNO though. I'm curious enough to see how the story plays out, but I'm not sure if I want to purchase it right now even with the current discount. I might wait until it hits $20.

I've played about an hour and, yes, it's almost exactly like the first game.

At least they've improved the engine - and it's using Vulkan. It's extremely smooth :)

The German version doesn't seem to sell at all. The price sank way below 20€ in CH over black Friday. The collector's edition went as low as 42€ in GER. Plus the game is bundled with a lot of hardware (Seagate HDDs).
Maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all to do more than necessary in the censorship department. Removing forbidden symbols is practically a must, although not doing so might survive in court if pushed through all the way. But was it really necessary to nullify the hero's backstory by making him no longer a jew, who doesn't fight Nazis but The Regime, and remove the historic main villain's beard and rename him to Herr Heiler ( = Mr Healer)?

The German version doesn't seem to sell at all. The price sank way below 20€ in CH over black Friday. The collector's edition went as low as 42€ in GER. Plus the game is bundled with a lot of hardware (Seagate HDDs).
Maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all to do more than necessary in the censorship department. Removing forbidden symbols is practically a must, although not doing so might survive in court if pushed through all the way. But was it really necessary to nullify the hero's backstory by making him no longer a jew, who doesn't fight Nazis but The Regime, and remove the historic main villain's beard and rename him to Herr Heiler ( = Mr Healer)?

Are you serious? They made those changes for real?

No joke. Several sources confirm this.
And of course the hero's parents didn't die in a concentration camp. The game found some more wishy-washy explanation how they were killed. Shot as traitors or something like that. I'm not 100% sure what exactly the game says.
The gameplay itself is uncensored though.

That's pretty crazy. I hate any kind of change to original material - and this sounds absolutely excessive.

I'm not surprised it's not selling well.

Back
Top Bottom