Welcome - introduce yourself!

Hi Ruslan, welcome!

Wow, big change in your life, from Ukraine to Texas. How come?
Glad to see you like our forum, I hope to see many of your posts. :)

I'm off to bed now, Sliusarek, but I wish you a nice day as well. ;)

HiddenX, Kordanor, Thrasher, thank you, guys! :)

Eye, yes, it is a big change. But it's pretty good right now, thanks. And yeah, I will be posting here. )

Wow, I didn't expect such greetings. You have a nice community!

I'm the ElderGnome and I forget if I've introduced myself before. I'm a pretty typical late 30's CRPG nut dude that grew up on SSI Gold Box games and D&D Red Box tabletop. I dig mouse and keyboard as my input method of choice and I shake my fist at the kids on my lawn. I'm not quite jaded enough to post on RPG Codex so I post here.

;)

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
Hello Eldergnome! There are a load of D&D fans around these parts, you're in good company. I was a 2ed man in my P&P days. :) And yeah the goldbox games rock. I've been meaning to have another go at the Krynn games now they're up on Gog, need to get around to that at some point. Anyway, welcome!

Welcome ElderGnome - I didn't start playing SSI gold games until I was 24 which is when they came out :) Before that it was pen and paper. So I did grow up on that style of gaming even of the computer part came much later.

I tend to like old and new though - I still enjoy the older style games (currently playing BG:EE, Grim Dawn (bit like older Diablo) and Project Eternity while also enjoying many modern style games.

But I refuse to pick up a controller and I am a diehard keyboard and mouse gamer.

Hi ElderGnome. Welcome!

Mouse and keyboard, the only proper way to play an RPG. :)

Shaking fists at kids on lawn? (Several of those too on this site; we should start a club. :) ) Then maybe your avatar's just a teeny bit too friendly… How about this one? ;)

I like the Krynn series - Welcome at RPGWatch, ElderGnome :party:

I'm the ElderSpy...

Corwin would just be the Eld-est! :D

Welcome aboard, EG.

Yes, we have a regular DDO group and Guild on the Khyber server which you are welcome to join. Create a character, then post a message in the Team Corwin thread in the OT forum giving us that characters name and we'll send you a Guild invite.

Hi! I'm me. Uh. Huge dork that plays a lot of RPGs. Buys a lot of RPGs. and reviews a lot of RPGs. I found the site because someone had posted one of my videos as a news item and I'm narcissistic enough to google my own content. And since I'm always looking for a good RPG-centric community thought I'd check it out. :)

Hi! I'm me. Uh. Huge dork that plays a lot of RPGs. Buys a lot of RPGs. and reviews a lot of RPGs. I found the site because someone had posted one of my videos as a news item and I'm narcissistic enough to google my own content. And since I'm always looking for a good RPG-centric community thought I'd check it out. :)

Yeah that was me and welcome to rpgwatch. You produced a good video on 1980s RPGs. Looking forward to a similar video on the 1990s (no pressure) ;)

Haha, I think you will be perfectly fine here. :D
Doing Review Videos myself I can agree that quite a bit of work is going into them. Even just a review of like 20 minutes can easily eat up 10-15 hours of writing, recording and editing. And if you have to also do research and use footage publicly available that can multiply easily.
Your "awkward thank you video" is quite awkward though. ;)

Back
Top Bottom