Kingmaker - Definitive Edition Update Is Here!

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The definitive edition update for Pathfinder: Kingmaker has arrived which brings with it turn-based mode and gamepad support.

Please be aware of plot spoilers in the description below!

Highlights
* You can now play Pathfinder: Kingmaker with your gamepad.
* Turn-based mode is now available.

[...]
More information.

Time to replay! Unfortunately not much time for games these days, and this one is huge. Nevertheless, it is perfect time for replay, so I will start with small doses probably :)

A great game indeed. I got as far as Pitax on my years-long playthrough. Have been waiting for this update and will try to finish the game when I'll find time this autumn.

I am curious about the gamepad support. Never played a cRPG using a controller, but given that I got a new fancy TV and that the game is available through GeForce Now, I might give it a try. Someone wrote somewhere on the internet that DOS2 was less clunky with a controller than with mouse and keyboard. It was certainly clunky with M&K…

Turn base mode is amazing. It really shines on how Owlcat did a good job implementing tabletop rules as close as possible and I believe that turn base mode for this game is a must in my future and current playthrough :)

Turn base mode is amazing. It really shines on how Owlcat did a good job implementing tabletop rules as close as possible and I believe that turn base mode for this game is a must in my future and current playthrough :)

good to know. i did like the rt with pause though.

I just finished my first three play-through's this year so meh. Maybe in a few months I'll try the TB Mode. Wastelands III will have all my attention later this month also.

Last edited:
God damn you gotta love passive aggressive posters & grammar Nazi's.:cool:

Anyway it's called human error. Repeat after me human error.

Basically post and move on without double checking.:biggrin:

God damn you gotta love passive aggressive posters & grammar Nazi's.:cool:

Anyway it's called human error. Repeat after me human error.

Basically post and move on without double checking.:biggrin:

I was just curious what you meant.

Must be a rough month the way you've been consistently responding like an angry douche to people.

Moving on here is a look at the new prologue.

Last edited:
I just finished my first three play-through's this year so meh. Maybe in a few months I'll try the TB Mode. Wastelands III will have all my attention later this month also.
Wow, three play-throughs in one year? I played through it once and I started Christmas and finished Easter... I mean, I don't have much time to play and I'm always thorough when playing ending up at about 150 hours,. But you must've spent about 200-300 hours or something?

Wow, three play-throughs in one year? I played through it once and I started Christmas and finished Easter… I mean, I don't have much time to play and I'm always thorough when playing ending up at about 150 hours,. But you must've spent about 200-300 hours or something?

All three play-throughs took me about two years to finish. I wrote a small review on the forum thread. It took so long due to all the patches, and other games I played as well.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061611030&postcount=3305

I was glad when I finished. Over 300+ hrs of combined playtime.:sweatdrop:

All three play-throughs took me about two years to finish. I wrote a small review on the forum thread. It took so long due to all the patches, and other games I played as well.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061611030&postcount=3305

I was glad when I finished. Over 300+ hrs of combined playtime.:sweatdrop:
Interesting that the game changes quite a lot due to alignment (read your small review). Maybe I'll replay it eventually just to see the neutral options. I can't stand playing evil characters, but neutral I could probably manage.

Interesting that the game changes quite a lot due to alignment (read your small review). Maybe I'll replay it eventually just to see the neutral options. I can't stand playing evil characters, but neutral I could probably manage.

I don't want to spoil it but different choices you make can have unforeseen consequences later on. There are two ending's each have different variables based on how you played.

Also alignment plays a huge role as you get locked out of choices to solve quests.

The turn base mode works surprisingly well, color me surprised.

Turn-based mode sure does make you realize how often low-level characters whiff on their attacks. Just sayin'.

I sure loved the turn-based mod!

You know an older site now gone called ActionTrip had a member with the same name, avatar, and posting style. It cant be a coincidence. Just food for thought and off-topic.

If you're referring to me, I was never a member at ActionTrip. In fact, I'm not sure I ever visited that site at all, although the name sounds familiar. So you're either mistaken or just being intentionally full of shit. :)

Back
Top Bottom