Spellforce 3 - Soul Harvest Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new trailer for Spellforce 3 standalone addon 'Soul Harvest'.

However, things aren't as peaceful as they seem - when the Queen calls you, a disgraced General, back to your homeland, you're plunged in a war on many fronts: While a hatemonger threatens to tear apart the Dwarven realm, an enigmatic cult of Dark Elves harvests the souls of people for reasons unknown.

Release: TBA 2019 / Windows Pc
More information.

I really like the graphics of Spellforce 3. Very nice world design and lighting, gives a real sense of place. I'd like to see a straight RPG with the same style, as not so interested in the RTS bits.

I quite agree. Look at the sheer talent on display here, I'd likely give an rpg looking this good a serious chance at being big. I lost my liking for RTS's a while ago though, so this has far less of an appeal for me.

Loved every Spellforce game and after EA acquired the original developer I was very worried. So it's good to see a new developer continue the series in a new direction.

For me I enjoy playing RTS base building games and that's not going to change. As I started with Dune in the early 90's and moved onto the Command & Conquer games.

Last edited:
I have had Spellforce 3 on my wanted list for a while now, just been waiting for the price to come down a little bit more. very interested in the RPG parts but not the RTS as much but it sure is nice to look at.

This Bavarian Edition felt very strange to me. I looked for the source video and... yup, it was published on April 1st. ;)

For me I enjoy playing RTS base building games and that's not going to change. As I started with Dune in the early 90'sand moved onto the Command & Conquer games.

Me too and Age of Empires. It's strange how the genre has kind of died. I really like the first two Spellforces and expansions but I never bought the 3rd. Can you zoom down into a closer 3rd person perspective still like you could on the first two?
I really have good memories of that series and some of those levels were really hard.

I wanted to add that at Steam there is a link to a fan site with a big community modpack that adds fixes and maps.

Can you zoom down into a closer 3rd person perspective still like you could on the first two?
Every game in the series except SpellForce 3 has 3rd person perspective. I rarely used it as I played them as a base building RTS game. Not as an RPG hybrid as others do.

Back
Top Bottom