Planescape: Torment - Now Available on GOG!

Superb!!! Now where is my wallet? :lol:

*hides your wallet under the copy of "Swank" magazine in questionable condition*

Superb! I had a look at the resolution and HUD mods and it looks fantastic.PS:T is worth every penny.

I still have the original on my HD and it's still working perfectly. :) Played it recently.

I wonder if the game comes prepatched and with resolution fix included ?

I'm also curious about this. Is it still locked at 640x480 resolution?

Also, what's the deal with the 16 "avatars" included in the package? Are they forum avatars?

*Edit* You still have to use a mod for widescreen\extra resolutions.

Last edited:
So, does this make GOG.com the good guys again?
Oh pah, that "GOG has died" marketing scheme was a long time ago. Sure, we spat on them and questioned whether or not someone with opposable thumbs could actually think this idea was a good one, but come on! We were young and foolish!

I decided to pay the $10 anyway even though I still have PST on my current computer. Hoping some of the glitches under win7 are fixed in this build and since this is my favorite game I was willing to pay for it again.

The avatars are mostly from the concept art sketch books which was not what I expected. I expected them to be from the character cards and they did pick the St Patricks day Annah. Adopted one for my login here. Thinking about taking the dustman sketch for an avatar but that would be work.

Woot! I'm really glad to see this title available since I never got a chance to enjoy it when it came around the first time. Even though all my good friends recommended it, I never picked it up for some reason. Then, years later, when I went looking for it, it was not available at a reasonable price. Believe me, I can survive all 12 volumes of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time, I can survive and appreciate this ;-P

Now if GoG gets Clive Barker's Undying and Interplay's Realms of the Haunting, I'll be in heaven for a good long time :) Err, wait, I guess that would be hell and not heaven. You get the point.

Interplay's Realms of the Haunting, I'll be in heaven for a good long time :) Err, wait, I guess that would be hell and not heaven. You get the point.

If they do get this game it won't take much to get it to run correctly. I replayed this one about a year or so ago and got it running without much fuss.

If they do get this game it won't take much to get it to run correctly. I replayed this one about a year or so ago and got it running without much fuss.

In DosBox though, right? I played a bit of RotH just last month, but nothing I tried allowed me to play it in Windows XP.

I would definitely purchase RotH if GOG added it. Just to have a Windows-friendly copy.

In DosBox though, right? I played a bit of RotH just last month, but nothing I tried allowed me to play it in Windows XP.

I would definitely purchase RotH if GOG added it. Just to have a Windows-friendly copy.

It runs perfect for me in DosBox 0.74 - even in the 640x480 resolution.
Can't be any easier, so I wouldn't care about looking for a Window-friendly version :)

Yep, in Dosbox. Not one problem other than bumping up the cycles to make it flow just right.

A truly great game. One of the few FMV games that were done well.

I found this video of the making of Realms of the Haunting. Good bunch of guys.

Now back to Planescape.

Does anyone know if you can still use the Easter Egg Morte or the leprachaun Annah in this version? Not really a big deal, but it was fun seeing her clobber people with her clovers.

I was wondering the same. I'd like to use these "Easter Eggs" (which. in case of Morte, is almost literally true, as farr as I know ;) ), but I never actually used them so far.

Is there anything I must take care of when I use 'em ?

So, does this make GOG.com the good old guys again? ;)

There, fixed it for ya! ;)

I still don't have a GoG account though I eyed some of the offers, and up till now my excuse was "I'll start buying when (if ever) they get Planescape"... So yeah, no more excuses now, my poor bank account... :-/

Back
Top Bottom